East Leake and Rothley station.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:21 pm

hey infrontcat you changed ya pic to the fat controller as you put it on your thread!! :D :D :D :lol:

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:40 pm

Hi Ian

Nah, 'tis the same Infront. Just a different pic. Wilfie is far fatter than Infront is! As for the layout mate, have you settled on which station yet? I wondered if you'd considered doing Rothley and perhaps incorporating a representation of Swithland and the sidings? I recon that would look ace.

It would give you a nice through station plus some sidings to muck around with plus it will give you a great feature to model in Swithland Viaduct.

Hell, you could even think about incorporating the freight line that once curved away from the sidings to the east. You can still make out the track alignment as it follows a line of trees :) I think there was even talk of tring to incorporate this as an extensionat one time, though I always saw this as perhaps a bridge too far so to speak!

Cheers Fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:01 pm

i think it may well be Rothley due to the layout and i could incorporate Swithland sidings. will have to down load the maps for it like i have done with the other one. Thanks Tim, great videos mate!!!!!

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:02 am

well what a waste of that was, i was gonna try and get some work done on my railway today but just found out from the other half theat my future inlaws are coming in a lil while and be staying most of the day so that has screwed me for model building!!! :roll: :evil:

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:23 pm

i haven't been updating this just lately so here is the latest. I have ordered the class 20 double pack (D8000 & D8001) from Ian Allen and been buying some more wagons iron ore and brown steel wagons so it be looking as if stuff will be moving about when it is done.

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:40 pm

i have done bit more on the boards it isn't much due to college work but now it is half term i can do a bit more inbetween homework

hope you like the progress so far not so much but it takes time to get it perfect!!!!

Oh i got my new bachmann pack of D8000 and D8001 they run great. Will look good when it is done and set up in a loft big enough for it.

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:50 pm

here are a few more pics of the boards you can get a rough idea of the size of the layout i have got on

this is the latest there is another 2 boards but at the min there is not enough room to set it out properly.

Comment and advice is very welcome.

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:14 pm

the track wasn't pinned down as i was just checking that the locos could get up the gradient at the end of the embankment as i am gonna be doing a smaller station like quorn or Rothley now. oh there are railway videos to the left of the picture. if any of you have any advice and comment please make them as it would be nice to have some feed back!

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:49 am

Hi Ian

Good to see things are coming along mate. Will the line cross over or tunnel under the cooker? ;)

Have you managed to sort out the track plan yet or are is that still on the backburner for now so to speak?

Cheers fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

B@rney

Postby B@rney » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:52 am

Now why didnt I think of building a railway that just follows the floorplan of my house... Great Idea. although not sure what my wife would have to say.. :lol:

Looking good, would love to know how it all fits together (eg in a big square etc..)

Zanziba

Postby Zanziba » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:54 am

Backburner? Can't you see he is cooking on gas? :D

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:13 pm

Funny buggers aren't we today!!! :lol: i think it may tunnel through the trash. I have put a bend at the end of the embankment so i can start with the scenary on it and then i can start with the loop. For now though I am now gonna start with the other end of the layout now. Work my way southwards and make may way up to the station. there is a bit of work to do in the yard that is next to the mainline before you get to empress road bridge. and then after that i will start on the sidings layout next to the station. so far the layout is now reaching over 11 foot longso with the rest of it i have estimated it is gonna be about 25 foot long and it will hopefully go round the walls of the loft, shed or even garage.(if i get one that long).

I may even get a small gas cooker so yeh will be cooking on gas whilst doing my my layout!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:47 pm

eventually they will go around the walls of the loft in a big loop, Loughborough oneside quorn or Rothley on the other side. if i did Quorn i would do the goods yard there as well as rothley. but i am thinking more of Quorn.

bluegoblin

Thanks... And offer?

Postby bluegoblin » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi Ian,

Cheers for the little plug for the site. Nice for people to appreciate us!

Well, just thought you might wanna no - we now feature layouts, and I wondered if you wanted yours on there - so far its only mine and another.

Let me know!

Cheers,

Jack Gordon
jack@transportcentre.co.uk
Jack Gordon
Kingsford Station - Hornby Collector Issue 60!!!
Add YOUR LAYOUT to www.railwaycentre.com - email layouts@railwaycentre.com!

iankemp

UPDATE!!!!!

Postby iankemp » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:24 am

hi this is just an update really. I have on order some new engines. Oliver Cromwell, Sir Lamiel and Brocklebank Line. Unfortunately i haven't had time to do any more on the railway itself due to college work. But i haven't forgotten about it though. There have been plans for doing a bit more to it this weekend though. i will try and get some track pinned down so i can mark it out properly.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”