East Leake and Rothley station.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Stuart Reid

Postby Stuart Reid » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:45 pm

Oh I do like that layout, looks very convincing and obviously not too much compression. Nice to link it into the prototype. Look forward very much to seeing more.

mycerbera

Postby mycerbera » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:33 am

Wow this layout is going to look fantastic when it is finished!

Keep up the good work and plenty of photos :D

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi Ian

Good to see some pix from the GCR(N) track bed. Is that the road bridge over the A60? If so, the camp site I used to use when I'd go to the GCR is about a 1/4 mile walk away :)

Nice to see the 'impression' model. Gives you an idea of the scale of the project they are undertaking really. I for one shall be overjoyed when at last it is done!

Cheers mate

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:27 pm

yeh that is the A60 railway bridge. i know which camp site your on about it is on like a small hill side of the river that runs by it. Your not the only one when it is done.

There is some websites that can be looked at. If any of you that read this don't know what i am basing this layout on.

http://www.gcrailway.co.uk
http://www.bridgingthegap.org.uk
http://www.llwp.org.uk
http://www.gcrn.co.uk
http://www.nthc.co.uk

They are very intersting sites and give more details on what is going off. On the bridging the gap there is a video on the site that can be downloaded for you to view. Please take a look.

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:38 pm

the model shown that is in white with locos on is a model from the Bridging the Gap and not mine just to save any confusion. that is in z or n guage mine will be in 00 guage.i have estimated that it will be roughly around 24 foot long but it will be looped so it will be having leicester central on the other side

here is a plan of leicester Central (this is a later project after loughborough Station) but there will be track layed in readyness for it though. There will be a embankment made like the one i have made and it will be done very simular to how it was (minus a few stations and a few alterations).

Hope you like the plans so far and the pictures of progress ( i know it is slow but space is in much demand at the min)
Ian

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:46 pm

May i just take this moment to let you know that the Latest edition of Mainline magazine will be on sale later half of September. You can become a friends of the GCR by contacting them to get you copy 2-3 weeks earlier it will not cost to much. You will be helping a good cause. Just imagine having a 18 mile double track heritage line. It could happen with your help!!!

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:42 pm

i have now decided to go from hornby railway track to peco track. there seems to be more range in the peco range than there is hornby. what do you all think?

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:50 pm

Hi Ian

Got to agree. I've always used Peco since I was a teenager and I built my first 'proper' layout. I get the impression that Hornby points are of a much better quality these days, but the Peco Streamline range is still vastly superior. It allows you to make much more realistic track alignments plus of course you can get thins like single and double slips which can help save a bit of space as well as look good :D

I like that magazine Mainline by the way. Not had a subscription for a few years now but I always looked forward to getting my copy in the post :) I think I might get a new subscription...once I start earing again! :roll:

Cheers mate

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

westbrom

Postby westbrom » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:51 pm

Hi Ian

Peco setrack is very good my 00 layout has been built with it, and has often been pointed out on here the points are better than the Hornby ones.

Neil

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:27 pm

hi all there is a new forum opened up it caters for most of the transport. I have now become a administrator of it. I am at college also, so unfortunately i have no time with assignments and personal life, to do anything on my model railway. BUT i do get friday and weekend off so i will try and sort something out about doing some sort of work on my railway. i have how ever bought some lengths of peco streamline (3 foot lengths) and a set of points. A little ata time goes along way from what i have been told!!!

the website is

http://www.transportcentre.co.uk

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:54 am

hey all

i am gonna try and do some work on my railway today as i have nearly done my college homework so have decided i am gonna do some work on that. Next weekend, I may go over to B&Q to get some more MDF for some more boards and some more 2x1 lengths of wood for frame work.. I have been starting to buy more peco streamline 3ft lengths of track. has anyone seen them cheaper cos i have paid 2.35 each for them. I know you can buy a box of 25 for something like 60 quid. so if any of you know where i can get them cheaper please let me know.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:14 pm

Hi Ian

I've certainly seen it cheaper than £2:35 per length, but generally only by buying in batches of 12 or 25

I should work out how much you need to the nearest 25 yards and, if you just need the one box, save up and buy bulk! :)

Cheers

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Raider

Postby Raider » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:20 pm

I got my 3 boxes of flexi track from Rails of Sheffield - cheapest I could find at the time at around £45 a box.

HTH

Chris

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 pm

I have decided not to do Leicster Central station now, instead i have decided to do Quorn or Rothley station now as it would look better for a Loop layout. well that is what i feel anyway plus it mean less work for me.

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:35 pm

well i haven't put anything down for a while. I haven't been able to do anything with my layout due to going to college and home stuff to do. (besides having college work to do as well). I am gonna try and get something done with it.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”