East Leake and Rothley station.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
iankemp

Re: Dumbarton East and Rothley station in Scotland!!

Postby iankemp » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:49 am

Recently I have been working on my Hornby DCC ready Class 55001 St Paddy.

It has had a complete make over.

Flush glazing
Craftsman detailing kit
Fox Transfers numbers
Fox Transfers name plates
Fronts bogey parts off the Dapol prototype Deltic kits
Piece of plasticard
Wire for coupling hooks to latch on.
Bachmann decoder

It has had the work don on it to bring it to more a mainline engine just like the real thing. The new identity of the loco is 55022 Royal Scots Grey with full transfer kit put on it. and detailing parts painted to give it that new out the paint shop look.

The start of work was the buffer beam detailing

Then the next part was the prototype Deltic front of the bogey parts with the rail guards.

Then the numbers were worked upon.

I carefully scraped the numbers off with a sharp scalpel and placed the new transfers on and the nameplate went over the top of the old one that was on it.

And the new identity of it looks great compare to how it looked before. I will at some point finish with the silver paint detailing around the windows. It looks so much better than the standard dcc ready Hornby Class 55.

I feel that it looks so much better. I had a slight accident with the super glue when the nameplate went on but luckily I had some diesel blue paint that I touched it up with.

Work will continue on the other projects that I have put down so I didn't go and mess up the work I had done. Some while ago I was working on a Black 5 but I put it down and didn't finish it as I started other stuff like the A4s I have nearly finished Dwight D Eisenhower, however there are some detailing parts left to go on it. But first I will finish the black 5 by the new numbers and name plates going on it. Then carry on with the A4s. DoC, DDE, Bittern, Sir Nigel Gresley and see if any work will need to be don on the Mallard that I already have.

For my Birthday my lovely girlfriend has bought me Merlin experimental purple LTD EDN for £123.50 when there was another that went for £165 on eBay, talk about a BARGAIN. I will at some point get one to do UoSA, so the A4's are complete (ok there will be 7 of them).

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:34 am

A small update

My lovely girlfriend has bought me a much wanted steam loco. Class 04 63601. I also have Butler Henderson awaiting to be dcc'd. I am still working through transforming 5 A4's into the Great Gathering. I already have Mallard, ok they are not any of the ltd edns but they are just as good to me. I also got 2 locos for xmas a green class 26 and a class 24 RDB968001 i think it is.

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:52 am

Only one question - how long's the queue to meet your lovely girlfriend?!!!

Ps: Please tell her my birthday is 1st October!

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:01 pm

Ex-Pat wrote:Only one question - how long's the queue to meet your lovely girlfriend?!!!

Ps: Please tell her my birthday is 1st October!

You got nae chance lad. LOL!!!

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:38 am

Well the latest on this layout,

I haven't forgotten it as i have bought a few more platform parts to try and get it the right length, also i have managed to get a Loughborough GCR Signal box roughly around the actual selling price when it came out. I saw one go on a certain auction selling site for £66 and thought "Glad i got mine when i did!" I was watching it for a couple of days the one i bought and thought sod it! I'll get it whilst it is cheap (ish).

I have been putting some updates on my facebook page i made for it.

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Well due to the circumstances i have been through. The layout has been packed up loco's back in the boxes and packed up. On the lighter side though. I did manage to get myself a Bachmann A2 Blue Peter.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:22 pm

Sorry to hear that Ian - hope you can find the time and inspiration to get going with another layout

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:34 pm

It is in a storage lockup as i have moved back to my home town from Dumbarton.

iankemp

Rothley station in Scotland!!

Postby iankemp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:46 pm

I am keeping my hobby alive (even if it is on life support at the moment) Due to break up of my relationship last May 2018 with my former girlfriend. I am now back living at home with mum. I am however still doing bits. I went to the Great Central Railway Model Railway event at Loughborough/Quorn and picked up a few bits

Hornby Class 50 (BR Blue)
Hornby TTS Class 40 sound chip
Bachmann Class 40 (BR Blue) Disc code
Bachmann Scenecraft Great Central Rothley waiting room 44-116C ( I think)
Great Central Railway Remembered dvd

A few bits i got off online
Class 50 parts bag, class 50 TTS sound chip
NRM coach (been wanting one for A LONG TIME)
TMC edition class 45 with marker lights
2 MK2 maroon coaches
Blood and custard coach

The main bulk is in storage due to space constraints.

I will however turn the Dumbarton station into East Leake as it would not take much alteration to make it look like it. Just need to get a few more GCR buildings to complete it and platform bits.

iankemp

Re: East Leake and Rothley station.

Postby iankemp » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Well the latest update is that I have bought another loco. I now have both liveries of the A2 Blue Peter. I also have the apple green A1 and BR green A1 Tornado

I also have been buying a few sound decoders. One in class 50 Ark Royal
Class 40
A1 Tornado

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:08 pm

Well the latest update on my layout has been that nothing has taken place apart from it being taken down and now in storage.
I have been still keeping my hands busy though. I have been making a model of East Leake signal box and it has turned out very well..

I have also created a group on Facebook called Modelling the GCR or Great Central Railway.

I have also been buying more locos coaches.
I recently bought a large logo heljan class 47 with sound for £140 which I thought was a good price. I also managed to get my mits on the N2 1744 in GNR green.

iankemp

Postby iankemp » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:10 am

Another thing, I need to buy another handset for the Bachmann Dynamis due to the growth of my dcc locomotives. I have filled one handset and I found out that it only holds 40 addresses in it. I have still over 20 something dcc ready locomotives to be converted.

Yes I have quite a lot of locos even though i have thinned it out. When I have the layout up and running again, i will be having 2 sheds both will be scratched built or possible some wills kits put together. May end up buying about 9 so I can have a 6 road one for the steam shed as a preserved area with a turn table at the end with tracks to the shed area.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”