The Bambrough & Mallenbourne Junction Garden Railway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:43 am

Hmm.. seems like I have stirred a few imaginations here :)

Adam.. the greater part of the infrastructure of the old layout is still in situ.. and to all intents and purposes is still probably restoreable. The problem is.. it takes me right back to an unmanageable layout .. too big and grand for me to be enthusiastic about finishing on my own.

Tim.... you are right, the ghost of Mallenbourne Junction spawned the garden station, Bambrough! I'm not sure which bit of it is Southern or Western! suffice to say either will do seeing as the garden is more hostile to detailed oo gauge trains! The 4-CEP never was! the coach you can see was my attempt at doing Connex livery on a Lima Mk1 coach with a whitemetal EMU end. As or the Tube stock.. well I sold the 3 car tube train on fleabay years ago but have since acquired 1x 4 car 1938 tube stock and 1 x 1959/62 tube stock train courtesy of EFE.. I just wishthey would venture forth and do the R or CO/CP surface stock trains now. I grew up with both!

I've got some more pics of the loft layout which I'll post as time permits.. I might even get up there and do a then & now pic coz it looks a bit like Seaton Junction now.... :cry: :wink:
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

waz

Postby waz » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:56 am

Hi Jules !!

Thanks for a look at the photos. What a great job you were making of it.

Here is one for the suggestion box.
Pour a pint and roll a cig ( if you smoke) and go up to the loft. Sit quietly and muse then muse again. Let the first pint perculate into the blood stream then go pour another. Look around at what you've got ( you lucky man) and in no time at all you will see your new inside layout coming together. If you get a little tingle below the belt you'll know it's the right decision. Go for it Jules. It's too good to leave un attended. You know it makes sence.

Good luck

My Very Best Regards

BILL.

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:57 pm

Cheers for that Bill... I'll leave the fags out though.. I gave up on 1st June from 60 rollups a day to nothing!

The beer bit sounds good though 8) My only concern now is that the loft has become a repository for most of the household junk (broken tellies hoovers hi fi's computers.. you know the sort of thing that you might just need bits from one day!) etc so I'm faced with removing what could only be described as stuff fit for landfill before I start on the railway again :? :o :D
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

waz

Postby waz » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:26 pm

Hi Jules !!

Well done with the fags. I'm still on roll ups but nothing like 60 a day. If I smoke 20 I've smoked too many.
Yes we have a place to keep things that will come in handy for throwing away.

My Very Best regards

BILL.

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:54 pm

First sunny saturday of 2008 and yep you guessed it.. i was in the garden running trains!
Surprisingly everything worked! Even the track didn't need a lot of cleaning which was perhaps the most surprising seeing as I hadn't last used it since 15th December.
For those of you who can't wait for tyhe first video of 2008.. i'm afraid you'll have to wait a bit longer coz I was busy soldering decoders into locos today.!

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:46 am

Hi Jules

Glad to see you've braved it out already this year. I must confess it is a loooong time since I have run anything on mine due to a series of events that are so dull that I may lose the will to live if I am made to recount them :roll:

Needless to say, I'm keen as mustard to get out there when circumstances allow as I'm already feeling envious of your swift return to 'normality' ;)

Look forward to the new video

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:21 am

Cheers Tim. I must admit that it was good to see the layout running again.

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:54 pm

First vid of 2008 is now viewable on youtube

Click on link

Diesels in the light & diesels in the dark

waz

Postby waz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:50 am

Thanks for the breath of fresh air Jules. Looking forward to your next run out.

My Very Best Regards

BILL.

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:31 pm

Another swashbuckler.....

CLAPPED OUT FILMS PRESENTS......

Blue/grey and Bulleid Day on Jules's garden railway

:D

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT IF YOU LIKE

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:04 pm

Hmm, I like those MkIs... ;)
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Chuffer Chuff

Postby Chuffer Chuff » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:05 pm

I want to get a load of MK1's now! :wink: They look great!
"You only get one chance in life, so make the most of it!"

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:14 pm

Infrontcat wrote:Hmm, I like those MkIs...

My lips are sealed :oops:

(some who know me would say that is a vast improvement :shock: :lol: )

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi Jules,

Another fine performance from the Garden Railway 8)
1 small question though..........what made you stop the class 47 in flow for extra passengers? :wink: :lol: orhhh was it you had some problems with drunken Lads after watching the england game and they had to be thrown out :lol: :lol:

Top Stuff mate

Adam

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:49 pm

Well .. model railways have the ability to expand the imagination to whatever you want really... In reality I wanted to demonstrate the stop start sound of the class 47 but that was way too boring to describe so i invented another excuse :wink:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”