goathland station/tmd yard

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
joshs

goathland station/tmd yard

Postby joshs » Thu May 31, 2007 6:02 pm

i thought i should start a new layout thread here are some pictures of my layout and my roling stock.

what does every one thonk of the layout but as i have said above i am still building it a the minuite.
cheers josh

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Thu May 31, 2007 6:53 pm

Well not one to be picky but I think you need to have a good, also it helps if all the stock is actually on the rails! :?

Will look nice when it is done, post some more pics when you have had a whizz round with the hand of god, all the best,

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

joshs

Postby joshs » Thu May 31, 2007 6:59 pm

at the minuite the rolling stock is all in the middle of the layout becasue i cant run it becasue i am still laying ballast and i have run out of room on my selves to store the rolling stock thanks for the reply

cheers josh

The Great Bear

Postby The Great Bear » Thu May 31, 2007 9:28 pm

That first picture threw me with the point motor housings on top of the point! ....track-mat stupid. Once I'd sussed that... Its got a lot of potential. I like the old cars vans and wagons you've got. You've basically got a lot of the extras already that go to making a layout look good. I'll definitely be looking out for some progress pictures once some of the scenery/ballasting is laid and you've had a chance to tidy up.
Regards GB.

TerryB
Location: Loftbrough Central [aka ....a spider infested loft in Rotherham]

Postby TerryB » Thu May 31, 2007 9:50 pm

Yeah ........looking good ....I must admit I thought ..........."Hey,this guy has his share of derailents" :wink: ...........and then I read your reply to Gav's post :D
I like to see a busy looking layout..................Keep the pics coming,should look good when you've finished the ballasting.
Regards
Terry
I know it's the fastest .....but why did they have to name it after a duck?

joshs

Postby joshs » Thu May 31, 2007 10:15 pm

thanks for your replys im working this weekend and next weekend so it might be a few weekends before i can do any mre ballasting thanks again for your replys.

cheers josh

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu May 31, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi Josh

Good to see you're putting it all together slowly :)

Glad the name came in handy too :wink:

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Thu May 31, 2007 10:59 pm

The Great Bear wrote:That first picture threw me with the point motor housings on top of the point! ....track-mat stupid. Once I'd sussed that...
Regards GB.

Ahhhh - and I thought I had beer glasses on without having had any beer ! Makes sense - looking interesting and good luck !

live-frog

Postby live-frog » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:06 am

Yup - the first picture completely threw me as well Josh !! - I can't help wondering where you got the name from tho ??? :lol:
Look forward to seeing the stock running - good luck
Ron

joshs

Postby joshs » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:29 am

thanks for the replys live frog i got the name off infrontcat i put a question on here about a name for my layout and that is the name i ended up with.

cheers josh

joshs

Postby joshs » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:04 am

this is a list of all my rolling stock which i have including some new stuff i have got since i did this list i now also have a sr brake van to private owner wagons a br ex gwr low loader and this is the rest of the stuff i have got at the moment i am building a layout which is a made up perserved line and is called the north fell perserved railway and is loosly based on the hornby layout but is quite differnt and is the same sise base board as the hornby standard set and is comeing on slowly as i am having to waite to get some more money together as i am only 14 years old but it is a nice little layout this is a list of all my loco's and rolling stock br castle class cadbury castle no 7028 ,br 9f no 92200 , br 3f no 47458 , br q1 no 3037 , lms 0f no 16037 , gwr pannier tank no 2799 , lner flying scotsman no 4472 , br western region prairie tank no 6100 plastic kit, br pug no 51212 plastic kit , gwr city of turo no 3440 plastic kit , br peak no d100 , br class 31 no d5200 , br class 20 no d8134 , br class 56 no 56105 , br deltic no55010 , br class 08 shunter no08748 , br dmu no 59707 , ews class 66 no 66200 , i have got 43 trucks , 6 brake vans 1 br crane modern , 4 pullman coaches , 3 br mk1's , 3 lms four weeled coaches , 1 gwr auto coach and i collected this all over about a year but of it was either a birthday or christmas present and is quite a nice layout and i am hopeing to get more loco's and rolling stock in the futer

joshs

Postby joshs » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:18 pm

just to keep you all updated i have laid some more ballast tonight so it is all nearly done except for the points which i am leaving to last because they are the hardest bits of track to ballast i will post some pictures tommorow.

cheers josh

Danny

Postby Danny » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm

Hey just caught up with this thread. Looks like you're going to have a nice busy little layout there when you get it finished. Also a good collection of stock you have there!

Danny.

Stuart Reid

Postby Stuart Reid » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:09 am

Yep, busy layout, plenty stock and accessories to run on it and ballasting at great speed. All looking good.

Can't help commenting though that it confirms everything some of us having been saying on another thread about Trackmats. They may be ok if you religiously follow the printed layout, but they start to look damn silly when you start using your imagination and laying out the track the way you want it.

Not a reflection on you Mate. Once your ballasting is done its not going to matter, but that first photo does show how useless the mat is.

Look forward to seeing your next progress report

Stuart

joshs

Postby joshs » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:38 pm

thnask for the repyls i do agree with you stuart about the track mat it is stupid thats why i never stuck to it but it is a nice railway to run here are some more pictures of the layout i have now nearly finished the ballasting except for the points and a few more pictures of my rolling satock and my controllers.

cheers josh

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”