Oak tree crossing

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Howard Hard

Postby Howard Hard » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:15 am

I am new to this forum and very impressed with all the layouts within this section. welldone to you all.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:06 am

Er...

So there was this tunnel...and...am I missing something? :roll:

Pixie dust and happy thoughts everyone...

P.S. keep going lms! In our own little ways, we all want the same thing: to have a railway we're happy with. And if it's any help, I always find that the first effort is never 'right' ;) Look at Lofty. He's still trying to build his first hill and he's still not happy with it :D

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Hey lmsrail.....

Spav here, the worst amateur modeller of all time who made so many mistakes on my layout you wouldn't believe it......the only difference is, I wasn't brave enough to post pics and didn't cause modellers WWIII on my forum so well done for that...quite an acheivement....

Listen mate, your layout is good, you know long before anyone else what is right and what isn't but are you happy? Yes of course you are as you are clearly having fun with it which is the main thing.....

So tell us what are you going to do with the tunnel? Scrap the old one and then what??? For someone like me who wasn't that confident in the 1st place chicken wire is the answer and then jolly old soaked strips of newspaper over the top, you will get the effect you're looking for pretty easily I promise.....

So let's be having you then, onwards and upwards, I look forward over the next week or so to be able to boost my post rate with plenty of 1 liners saying "Good pic, nice work!" Only kidding guys although you know I think I might have actually done that before......sorry :oops:

All the best buddy, I wish you the best with it....

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

lmsrail

Re: Oak tree crossing

Postby lmsrail » Sun May 18, 2008 5:48 pm

I havent done anything on oak tree crossing in well it seems like for ever. Ive decided to ditch the tunnel. After i have cleared some space hopefully i will be able to get back to work... once again :lol:
Kind regards, Jed

leopard

Postby leopard » Sun May 18, 2008 9:15 pm

don't loose hope, ok the tunnel was a bit naff, but its a good idea and adds some height to the layout, actually for that corner its a good idea, have a play with some polystyrene tiles to make a flat 'hill' a bit like a quarter of a stepped pyramid, the cut the tunnel through it, this allows you to have the tunnel mouth set back into the hill. when its done and stuck don cover the lot with plaster or filler - to smooth the steps out.

the point being that while the hill looked a bit naff, the rest of it looks amazing, the scatter is perfect, the ballast is pretty damn good too :-)

the track plan makes it look more like a diorama or photographic backdrop than a layout (I keep expecting another board to appear) but its well worth keeping going with.

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:47 am

Hi, Last week i made enough space to get back to owrk, and i was planning to get working this weekend...But ive boken my thumb and i cant work without it. So im going to have to wait even longer before i can get to work. :cry: :cry:
Kind regards, Jed

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi,
With a huge amount of difficulty and pain due to my thumb i have managed to remove the tunnel/hill thing, which i am a bit sad of all my work going but it looks better without it now. :)
I have alos had a loco deliverd today and it looks great on this layout.
Kind regards, Jed

leopard

Postby leopard » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:51 pm

sod the layout, look after that thumb..

on second thoughts, you do have a spare after all (kidding)

and hark at the lucky bod with a loco... (my entire fleet is four wagons and an abomination of a scratch build)

hope it gets better soon :_)

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:22 am

thanks, ill just screw my spair thumb on and it will be ok :lol:
Kind regards, Jed

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:18 pm

This layout is kinda on hold until i get my new yes another new layout complete. It's a lot smaller and should look great, so look out for Fugloss cutting :D
Kind regards, Jed

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”