Dynamite25's OO loft Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
waz

Postby waz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi Dynamite !!!!

Great to see you have trains running, nice bit of video.

I can see this becoming one of the all time great layouts in time. Please keep up the great work and good luck.

My Very Best regards

BILL.

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi martin to lift the two sections up I need to unlock the two brass bolt locks one either end of the hinged section then lift the far one up first then the one next to me,then I can remove them from the layout by sliding the Nails out from the hinges as I replaced the hinge bolts with long nails.

Hi Andy do you mean the class 47 should be running the other way and the Merchant Navy loco the other way if so I know it was just how I stuck them on the layout,when I do run trains properly the up will be the outer line and the down will be the inner line.
Click here to see my Progress with my Scalextric Hobby Progress updated (17/09/07)

R.I.P Sam our very much loved family pet dog who sadly passed away on the 3/6/2010 early hours in the morning in my mums arms on route to the vets.

peak

Postby peak » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi Andy do you mean the class 47 should be running the other way and the Merchant Navy loco the other way if so I know it was just how I stuck them on the layout,when I do run trains properly the up will be the outer line and the down will be the inner line

It was just one of them things!
I'd watched the video a few times and thought it was great and nice to see you are making progress.
But something seemed wrong!
Then it struck me!
So just thought I'd ask?????
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:16 pm

I now have my two Peco engine sheds for my TMD area that I ordered from Rails of Sheffield and I didn't think that there was that many parts to build it but will be fun to build it when I do.
Click here to see my Progress with my Scalextric Hobby Progress updated (17/09/07)

R.I.P Sam our very much loved family pet dog who sadly passed away on the 3/6/2010 early hours in the morning in my mums arms on route to the vets.

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:26 pm

Decided to buy myself two early Christmas Presents which are two Heljan locos one is a Class 57 and the other is a Class 47 both in First Great Western livery and I paid £89 for both from Rails of Sheffield and are brand new but were Second hand and un-used.

Here is a pic of them but only of the boxes but I will take pics of the locos when I run them in either tonite or at the weekend.

peak

Postby peak » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:32 pm

Nice boxes!

Look forward to seeing pic's later!
Bargain by the way!
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.

Regards

Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:17 pm

Right after spending an hour in the loft running both locos in I have got some photos of them.

Heljan Class 57 605 'Totnes Castle' First Great Western.

Heljan Class 47 815 'Abertawe Landore' First Great Western.

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:23 pm

Work has restarted on the layout with point motors being fitted in the hidden sidings just a few more to go but need to order a couple more point motors and fixing plates,also I ordered the track for the upper level now that I have a track plan that I am happy with for the upper level and I got the track today from hattons.

And this the track I ordered.

1 * Peco Model Railway Products SL100/B Box of 25 * 1 yard (91.5cm) lengths of Wooden-sleeper nickel silver flexible track.
2 * Peco Model Railway Products LK56 Loco inspection pit for normal code 100 track
4 * Hornby Model Railways R601 Double Straight
3 * Hornby Model Railways R606 2nd Radius Curve
3 * Hornby Model Railways R608 3rd Radius Curve
4 * Hornby Model Railways R614 Left hand diamond crossing
2 * Hornby Model Railways R615 Right hand diamond crossing
11 * Hornby Model Railways R8072 Left Hand Standard Point
1 * Hornby Model Railways R8073 Right Hand Standard Point

And here are two photos of the Track and I forgot to put the track in the second pic with the other track in the first so I had to take another.

And here is my track plan I have done and I have added the two buildings and fueling point in the TMD,and platforms in the station which there is three also the red bit is a brick wall and the long brown bits are the 3x6 beams in the loft .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/dynamite26/new31.png
Last edited by dynamite25 on Sat May 16, 2009 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:12 pm

Over the weekend I Decided to buy the wire and Crimp Connectors for the layout for the DCC wiring so I ordered.

100M BLACK 1.5MM TRI-RATED CABLE x1
100M RED 1.5MM TRI-RATED CABLE x1
CRIMP BLUE TAP SPLICE x100
CRIMP BLADE SPLICE x100
6.3X0.8MM RED MALE BLADE PK100 x1

and I received them Yesterday.

So today I started on the hinged section first by screwing two Batterns to the underside of one of the Hinged sections.

Then I screwed four Electrical blocks to the Batterns and then connected four lengths of wire to them two red and two black,then I fitted 8 Blue Crimp Blade Splices to the wires and fitted 8 red male Blades to the wires from the track then connected them to the Blue Crimp Blade Splices and tested them with a multimeter.

There are four wires on the hinged sections so I can still run trains under DC till I get my DCC system,then both sets of wires will be connected to the main DCC Bus wires.

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:40 pm

Got the other Board done today and got one of six power connecting Leads fitted between Baseboards and I'll get the others done on Sunday,I also need to fix the wires to the underside of the frame work so they don't hang down to much.

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:08 pm

Didn't think I would have one this soon in my layout build but here it is a Bachmann Dynamis DCC set and a 2 Function Decoder for one of my Heljan locos.

And I am off into the loft in a bit to have a play with my DCC system.

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:50 pm

Update time.

Over the last week or two I have fitted 3 of the 6 upper boards for the upper level but they will need to be removed to clean all the saw dust up and to wire the hidden sidings up but I will do that once I have got the other 3 fitted then I can do the whole end in one go,but I have two photos of the 3 boards that I have fitted and shows how much space I have for the upper level.

davek

Postby davek » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Excellent progress & with photos! Great stuff.

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Thanks davek I am getting there slowly and I am still hoping by the middle or the end of March to get trains running all over.

sishades

Postby sishades » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:20 am

I hope that you have better luck with your dynamis than me. I have had to return it to Hattons as the receiver failed to recognise my handset.

Also where did you get your cables from?
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”