Dynamite25's OO loft Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Lofty

Postby Lofty » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:31 pm

Top notch engineering, looking forward to watching it develop

Lofty

peak

Postby peak » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:41 pm

Impressive!
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:51 pm

I have the end framework built now i just need to cut the boards to fit them then the mainlines can be laid down and pinned in place but waiting for a dry day to cut them,and once that is done then i can run trains properly around the layout and at the weekend i will make the last part of the hinged section for the incline and fit in place using more hinges.
Click here to see my Progress with my Scalextric Hobby Progress updated (17/09/07)

R.I.P Sam our very much loved family pet dog who sadly passed away on the 3/6/2010 early hours in the morning in my mums arms on route to the vets.

AdamH1990

hi

Postby AdamH1990 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:58 pm

steve nice layout and design :D look forward to seeing more pictures
thanks Adam, my layout thread below

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... highlight=

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:57 pm

Managed to get the boards cut this afternoon and fitted to the framework just need to trim the end board to fit the framework,then I can start laying the rest of the mainlines on the hinged section and get trains running again.

Photo's of the boards fitted.

Click here to see my Progress with my Scalextric Hobby Progress updated (17/09/07)

R.I.P Sam our very much loved family pet dog who sadly passed away on the 3/6/2010 early hours in the morning in my mums arms on route to the vets.

mortyfootball

Postby mortyfootball » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:20 pm

Bugger, there's a load of room there, looking forward to seeing what becomes of it!

Shaun
Currently on the rails with my camera

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:47 am

Great carpentry there...if you need a little work for the summer months let me know!

Good stuff,

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:20 pm

Not posted for a while as I have not been feeling up to working on the layout but today I went up into the loft to sort a section of the layout out which is the section where the hinged section is,because over the last couple of months I have come to a decision that I won't be able to clean the tracks the way I was going to do with the hinged section above the upper level.

So now I have decided to have that section of the upper level hinge up aswell as the hinged section that attachés to it so I can lift the whole lot up to clean the tracks below and fix any train,all other sections will have cutouts where buildings will be so they can be lifted out to gain access to the lower tracks.

Here is a picture of that section with all the upper level supports removed ready for the new hinged upper level to go in which is 6ft long.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:05 pm

Hi ya

Dont leave so long before you post again i wondered were you had vanished to nice to see you back :wink: cracking pics really shows the length of the layout and the future potential there is on the layout.

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Sunshine In The Lakes <<<<< Old layout no more

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=44159 <<<<< Back to the Lakes (New Layout 2013)

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:14 pm

My lord you have a HUGE layout!!!
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi lee I know it's been a long time since I last posted but I will be posting more as the week goes on and once this is done I will be wiring the point motors up on the lower level and I will be able to switch points properly.

I am hoping to get a bit done this week as a week on Monday I am away for 4 days at my sisters place in Norfolk as she is moving to a new place so we are helping her to move,and two weeks after that I am away for two weeks in Norfolk again as my parents wanted a holiday near my sister.

Hi peter yes it is a huge layout at 21ft x 6ft 5" and uses the whole of the loft apart from my operating area and a 2ft Square section on the other side of the layout where I can sit down and work on the layout.

Sprintex

Postby Sprintex » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:55 am

Holy crap that's massive!!! :shock:

Everytime I see huge spaces like this though I always think "imagine how much 'N' you could fit in there??" :wink:

Keep up the progress updates.

Paul

PeterH

Postby PeterH » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:06 am

21ft x 6ft 5"!!! That must be one of the biggest layouts here!
"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."; 'Make Tea, not Love.'
Camel Spotting Thread.
My layout thread.

Sprintex

Postby Sprintex » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:27 am

One of yes, don't forget the garden layouts though (a la Metadyneman and Tim 'Infrontcat'), bet they're bigger :lol:

Paul

waz

Postby waz » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:51 am

Hi Dynamite !!!!!!

Great to see you back and to see the layout again. There is a life times work in it. What ever you do, don't decide to move house :wink:

Looking forward to regular up-dates from now on :D

My Very Best Regards

BILL.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”