Dynamite25's OO loft Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Kentman98

Post by Kentman98 »

dynamite25 wrote:So come Sunday i will beable to work on the layout as Saturday i'm off out to Chester for the day Christmas Shopping.
Make sure you got all your pressies before being tempted by other bits and bobs in the model shops then :lol:
Trev

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.......

My layout thread
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

I only have two to get now as i got all the rest two months ago.
Click here to see my Progress with my Scalextric Hobby Progress updated (17/09/07)

R.I.P Sam our very much loved family pet dog who sadly passed away on the 3/6/2010 early hours in the morning in my mums arms on route to the vets.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Page 3 i can't have that can i.

Well work has restarted on the layout as i have finished the three crossings at the entrance to the Hidden sidings that join to the incline,and moved two upper supports to get another in so all are now 12 inches apart just need to fit a piece in the middle of them to stop any sagging that might accrue.

The hinged section has been bugging me for two months now as to how to hinge it but i have settled on hinging it to drop down than to hinge up,and i hope to start it tomorrow afternoon and get the boards fitted by Wednesday afternoon.

Also i will have a scenic board in front of the incline to break the layout up with a tunnel opening to make it more interesting so trains don't seem to just go in circles all the time,also my second incline will be made longer from 8ft to 16ft long and will come off the upper main lines further around the layout on the other side.
Click here to see my Progress with my Scalextric Hobby Progress updated (17/09/07)

R.I.P Sam our very much loved family pet dog who sadly passed away on the 3/6/2010 early hours in the morning in my mums arms on route to the vets.
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Here's some pics of the work i have done upto now on the layout.

First are of the crossing that join the hidden siding to the mainlines and to the incline to the upper level.

These pics are of the mainlines that will go across the hinged section that will have the second incline to the upper level.

Last edited by dynamite25 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

davek

Post by davek »

Wow! Using every inch of space there - well done. Never seen so many crossovers!
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

Coming along nicely there! Lots of operation interest and lots of potentially excellent viewing points!

Cheers

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Yes using every inch of space as once all track is down and trains running there will be just enough room for two or three people which will be me controlling the trains and one or two watching them going round, and with me using the three crossings i can now drive a train out from the hidden sidings onto the mainline and either stay on the mainlines or drive onto the incline to the upper level.

Lofty

Post by Lofty »

Coming along nicely Dynamite

Lofty
mortyfootball

Post by mortyfootball »

Nice trackwork there Dynamite!

Shaun
Currently on the rails with my camera
Spavo

Post by Spavo »

As ever love to see what you are up to, nice track laying there.......

Keep up the good work....

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976
dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Haven't got anything done on the layout since the last updated due to a bad cold which has been affecting my asthma so i have been fighting that off,but i hope to be back in the loft this weekend to get the hinged section built and in place for the trains to start running again.

DCC has been pushed back to late march now as this month i decided to buy more scalextric gear for my scaley layout i am building in march.

dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Well i have managed to get off my backside and start the hinged section which i have got the bit that hinges to the main layout i just need to finish off the frame of that part and then i will move onto the other bit that hinges to that,and once that is done i will build the end section that joins to the main layout that will carry the mainlines to the hinged section but that section has to be removable so i can get to the end of the layout with having to crawl under under it.

Pics to follow and i will take photos as i build it.

dynamite25

Post by dynamite25 »

Here are the photos as promised.

The first ones are of just the hinged bit without the rest of the framework.

And these are with the rest of the framework attached.

I just need to make the second bit that will hinge off that for the incline and make the frame that goes at the other end to carry the tracks from the hinged section onto the main layout,and i hope to have all that done by the weekend and trains running on the mainline on the hinged section and the incline will be done when i start to lay track on the upper level.

mumbles

Post by mumbles »

looking great, nice frame work. must be good to lift it up and down now its built, nothing like a bit of construction to give you a boost!
michael
Infrontcat

Post by Infrontcat »

mumbles wrote:looking great, nice frame work. must be good to lift it up and down now its built, nothing like a bit of construction to give you a boost!
michael
Second that Dynamite. Lovely bit of 'chippy' work you've done there. Nothing like building a solid peice of 'furniture' to make you feel all manly and yet at the same time arty and creative :lol:

I'm about to embark on a 12' long x 18" wide x 22" high potting table-cum-garden table to house my storage sidings and station approach lines which I've been stalling on a bit. You nice bit of handywork has given me the hurry up!

Cheers mate, glad it's all coming together so nicely

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)