Terrier's Shed №2 - Now Known as "Forton-on-Sea"

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
whynot

Re: Terrier's Shed №2 - Now Known as "Forton-on-Sea"

Postby whynot » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Thanks, Chris. I even miss liquor chocolates at Xmas - and non-alcoholic puddings take some finding! But not a drop means just that, for me at least. I did a few AA meetings when I first tried kicking it, but not since I stopped. Whatever helps. Good luck.

dave j
dave j
Works End 0 16.5
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49336

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:35 pm

Absolutely Dave, i don't go nearly as often as is best for my type of brain lol, and i tell you what i miss the most, Real Ale! I used to go potty on it like any other with a prob, but i did used to like to put away a nice pint of Bass, or HSB, anyway, all this talk of booze ain't good for either of us :shock: :D :D Have a good one and again, here any time for a mate. :wink:

Top Level stuff!

Chris P

THE CHIEF

Postby THE CHIEF » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Back to N eh? I don't blame you, it seams to be where all the action is these days :) Time to dust off that viaduct. I'll be looking forward to what you come up with. With the new southern stock available and some lovely LMS items perhaps we'll see a S&DR route? Who knows :D

BTW, well done to the pair of you for beating the drink. I buried a mate a couple of years back that just wouldn't learn that lesson. But he was long gone before that. Keep it up!

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Cheers Chief, I'm after a nice GWR line, puffing and winding it's way gracefully through the valley.. that kind of thing. Funnily enough, I sold my n gauge viaduct to Bill, a real gent who popped over from afar to collect it, along with the suitcase layout, many moons ago now? And, well, now got a OO viaduct for sale! :D The other thing, yes, it's not easy, have lost some good mates over the last couple of years to the bottle, it's a very misunderstood condition, I only have a daily reprieve, the rest is pretty much luck and finding a way out before it does kill. horrible disease. :cry:

skyblue

Postby skyblue » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Terrier wrote:I'm after a nice GWR line, puffing and winding it's way gracefully through the valley.. that kind of thing.

Sounds good - looking forward to seeing the layout take shape.

THE CHIEF

Postby THE CHIEF » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Top stuff. You can't go wrong with a Dapol pannier as a first loco. A nice little runner and DCC ready if you decide to go that way. Either way, I've grabbed my mechete, pack and helmet ready for another adventure with Me Terrier :)

JohnN

Postby JohnN » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:17 am

Yay, another N gauge layout in the offing.

All the best for your future plans Terrier.

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:56 am

Cheers John, I suddenly realised, if you go through my entire thread, I started out, OO, then N.. then moved in with my now wife, nd over the last couple of years I have been in a world of imagination! And not got a huge amount done, in between bouts of ill health etc, Sadly the host i used to use for my images was MySpace, and cause i didn't log into it for like, errrm, 4 years or something, they removed my account! But some of my modelling down through the years is still present, quite a voyage! So yes chaps! Pith helmets on, grab a handful of martini-enfield .303 cartridges and follow me up into the hills for another 2mm to the foot campaign! :D

Found a sketch i started ages back to, but I am not sure I will build yet 'another' viaduct? Will see how it goes

So best feet forwards etc.

Chris P

VerdevaleRailway

Postby VerdevaleRailway » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Excellent Sir, Bold new beginnings, a layout to conquer and an adventure to follow.

:) V.R.
'whose origin was a terminus'

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Looks like a viaduct that has a bit of history to it. Be good to see it develop. N gauge he! Better ask Santa for a good magnifier and a selection of tweezers.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

briantwigley

Postby briantwigley » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Any updates Chris? Not been on here in forever and I see you're going to N Gauge - I'm going the opposite way and changing to OO because I always break stuff in N because I'm rather ham fisted!

Ryan

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi Brian! Not a huge amount going on. ordered an n gauge dmu and might be reconsidering the move to n gauge, I simply can't make out the details unless I wear a pair of my wife's reading glasses!? :shock: :shock:

Good to see you back ol'boy, keep warm up there chap

Chris P

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”