Terrier's Shed №2 - Now Known as "Forton-on-Sea"

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Terrier

Re: ★★★ Terrier's Shed №2 ★★★

Postby Terrier » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:48 am

Ow do Tim! :)

...."Could you throw your cats out in a screen around the hospital perimetre, you know how the Zulus feel about cats!?" :lol:

..it's all slowly coming to fruition mate, bits and bobs of furniture being moved from folks place today (where i sit and type sir) ...and yep, it's all good, a few delays here and there, but in the greater scheme of things and general stuff etc, am pretty pleased with new location, woman and two dogs that come with it lol, and lots of yorkshire tea! :D 8)

(proper update soon to, have bought a 'multi-card reader- SDHC support' thingame-wotsit for a quid from pound-galaxy and can now with some tweaking, move pics of stuff to the pc here and at my new place.. been getting my goat not being able to do that for weeks now!... minor issue.)

Right so, pics. progress, electric and lighting installation etc, to follow soon.

Have a tip top day evereeebodeeee! :D

Terrier

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:52 am

Just a quick update.. spring approacheth soon and i am looking forward to sorting the shed out. It has become a little cluttered, what with more stuff from my old place of residence needing to be housed. everything bar Rosie the cat.

Here is an image of the general chaos that is currently my shed :oops: :lol:

shed 2.JPG
shed 2.JPG (119.04 KiB) Viewed 2179 times

More on this as the world begins to get a bit warmer.

SouthernBoy

Postby SouthernBoy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:30 am

I bet you'll find some long forgotten treasures as you work your way through that lot.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:19 am

That photo is a fantastic argument in favour of open top baseboards. In my experience any clear horizontal surface attracts clutter like a magnet. Dispersing clutter is a darned sight harder than accumulating it in the first place.
" Sergeant I expect those surfaces to be ready for action the day the clocks go forward, now jump to it man! :D "
John W
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:45 pm

It's taken a little bit of time, and a change of scale to better suit my eye balls (Back to good old double zero!)

General bufferstop Sir!! The boards are clear for inspection! (kind of) always tonnes of stuff moving from place to place like the sands of the Sahara Dessert in our place, but here is a quick and informative, informative film which i hope all veiwers will find informative etc about current developments in my second shed. more info to follow, this is just a quick vid of the first train making it's way around a quickly put together loop, and guess what it is?? ..could it be a 'Terrier' ??? :shock: :shock: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJAvRgCKgP8&feature=youtu.be

thangyer vuree muuuurch.

Chris P

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:42 pm

A momentous occasion properly celebrated (with a big mug of tea) and recorded for posterity, or at least until the next computer disaster :D
John W
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

siquelme

Postby siquelme » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Back to good old OO gauge

Have you been to collectors corner recently they are selling these books about Fratton shed which is really interesting and has loads of photos of the engines based there including the old hayling island billies
Great Western Modeller for my sins
My Blog http://brookescastle.blogspot.com/

THE CHIEF

Re: Terrier's Shed №2

Postby THE CHIEF » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Well I cant say I approve of you hoping the other side of the scale iron curtain. But I will say bravo on getting on with the modelling. And what a train to start with sir! Ok pip pip and all that...

As you were...

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Bit of a sort out in me shed this afternoon during the inclement precipitous weather conditions. Here's the triang class 31 rumbling round with a small goods service (incidentally it is up for grabs with other stuff in the classifieds, see thread for details), so far trains are going from nowhere as such to nowhere as such, plans developing, i hope to have a working trackplan to share here soon.

http://youtu.be/AzAA28sPaTY

thanks for looking

Chris P

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:02 pm

A sorted out shed ?????
Reminds me of something, could it be lofty's scrap yard ??
At least it's big enough for me to see now, good move ......
Naughty, naughty.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

NEvans

Postby NEvans » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Finally tripped over this thread and had a very enjoyable read.

A lot wiser man than I was before (although not sure about anything relating to model trains though)....
First foray into N Gauge: SimpleTown 4'x2'

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:25 am

:D cheers chap, yes, must admit, looking back over the last 5/6 years, some of it confuses me as to what i was doing at the time (good reason for that.. let's just say it's been 2 and a half years since any alcohol has passed my lips) hopefully my thread will start to develop along the same fairly logical lines as all me other fellow forum members, to whom i owe an awful lot in terms of providing mojo (enthusiasm) ideas, tips and tricks and everything you need to know to really bring a layout or scene etc, oe of my continuing issues is that my imagination tends to far outstrip my ability to concerntrate and actually 'do' if that makes sense, many mountains to climb etc etc.

proper update in coming days.

thanks for looking.

Chris P

buz

Postby buz » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:54 am

Hi Terrier
Sorted shed!!! I thought they where a myth.
Don't panic we have all got our ambitions mixed up with our capabilities at one time or other :oops: :( .
Time a bit more experience and that sudden flash of brilliance :idea: that shows up from time to time
usually cures that problem.
If you can imagine something then you can slowly work out how to make it work.
Steady lad hold the line.
regards John
A model railway can be completed but it's never finished

Terrier

Postby Terrier » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:39 pm

:D Cheers John, and apologies for the million day delay in reply/update.

something new on the horizon.. it may look familiar?? :shock:

(still got the n gauge one kicking about somewhere? i know this isn't the for sale thread, but if anyone is interested in inheriting my old n 8 arch viaduct, drop me a line, i've been looking to patching it up and offering it to all and sundry on the bay of fleas, but too much to do)

i've done a piccy hash-up of what i'm looking to create, still haven't properly settled on a plan, but it's all coming together.

shed thing.JPG
shed thing.JPG (11.76 KiB) Viewed 1381 times

just to wet the pallette gents and ladies.

Chris P

Timmy33

Postby Timmy33 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Looks like a cracking viaduct, id love to put one on my layout but theres none in WA up untill the 90s there was even only one tunnel in my state!!!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”