Slow progress on a Norwegian layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Sprintex

Postby Sprintex » Thu May 03, 2007 2:42 pm

Everyone on this forum is gonna be fitting "beer-mug holders" or "tea-mug holders" to their layouts this weekend now :lol:

Paul

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Fri May 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Looking excellent! What a great idea! The days of knocking your beer over are gone :D

Keep up the impressive work!

BR

rosenblad

Postby rosenblad » Sat May 05, 2007 1:52 pm

Hi!

On any model railway there is always the danger of derailed rolling stock plunging to the floor when it is not protected by the surrounding scenery. As this railway has a good deal of concealed track I made some protective walls of 20mm thick polystyrene sheet I had purchased for scenery construction. After fixing them to the trackbed with polyurethane glue they were painted inside with matt black acrylic paint to prevent the white walls from showing through the tunnel portal openings. Here's a photo:

After the track was laid the rails were painted with Humbrol 186 Brown before ballasting with Woodland Scenics B79 Medium Brown ballast. Here's a photo of the result:

Best Wishes,
Tom

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Sun May 06, 2007 9:45 am

Very nice ballasting there, nice to see things coming along...

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

Derek

Postby Derek » Sun May 06, 2007 11:35 am

Nice work there Tom

Is that a 14xx I see in the piccy above? ;)

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Sun May 06, 2007 2:38 pm

Very good baseboard work there, even more so since your not as mobile as some of us!

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sun May 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Good stuff Tom

Nicely built mate :wink:
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

rosenblad

Postby rosenblad » Wed May 09, 2007 7:12 pm

Hi!

Thank you for all the nice comments! Yes the loco is no.1419 by Hornby. It's a really sweet-running engine I bought at Porthmadoc on the Ffestiniog Railway in 2005.

Best Wishes,
Tom

rosenblad

Postby rosenblad » Fri May 18, 2007 6:30 pm

Hi!

The summer season is the time to do those necessary chores outdoors here in Norway like painting the house and all those other things that are downright awful to do during the cold winter months. It's raining today so I thought I'd do some modelling and decided to show you my worbench. Here's a photo:

Note the solvent bottle recessed into the top of the workbench just in front of the right hand lamp (spillproof!) and the toiletpaper-roll on the wall to the right of the workbench. I find these very handy and I hope some of you guys do too!

Best Wishes,
Tom

Philip.E.Thomas

Postby Philip.E.Thomas » Fri May 18, 2007 9:10 pm

No way is that a real workbench, I mean surely that is a brand new one in a display or something :shock: it's clean, tidy, no gouges or paint spills, coffe cups or beer cans!! Nah can't be real :lol: :lol:

Seriously Tom you have come up with some cracking ideas and your trackwork so far is A1, keep it up

Lawrence
Phillip. E. Thomas was the first President of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, the first real Railroad in the USA.

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... php?t=6037
My layout thread

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Fri May 18, 2007 9:15 pm

Tom ...it looks more like a Dentists work bench than a Modelling Workbench :lol:

Keep up the Brilliant work 8)

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Well it scares the hell out of me!

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

rosenblad

Postby rosenblad » Tue May 22, 2007 7:43 pm

Hi!

At the moment I'm working on a Peco girder bridge on abutments from Wills. After that I will be doing an awful lot of boring rail-painting and ballasting. My condition dictates that these jobs will take some time but at least I have a photo of my programming track mounted on the railway's facia board. I built it with two laminated pieces of chipboard with roadbed, Peco track, Woodland Scenics ballast and Märklin buffer stops. These buffer stops were chosen because they are fastened to the railway with wood screws preventing equipment from falling to the floor if they should accellerate uncontrolled, which I know has happened to a friend of mine with disasterous results! Here is a photo of the programming track:

The loco on the programming track is a Norwegian El16 electric loco by Roco. When not in use for the intended purpose it makes a nice little shelf for displaying models!

Best Wishes,
Tom

TomWebber

Postby TomWebber » Tue May 22, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi Tom,
Nice work on the testing track - with the layout's ballasting/rail painting done to that high standard it will look great!

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Tue May 22, 2007 8:16 pm

I'm gonna do that. Nice idea!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”