Duffryn Road TMD - The Rebuild page 17

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
joshs

Postby joshs » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:02 pm

looking good have a nice time hope wether stays nice for you and have good fun in towers model shop.

cheers josh

westbrom

Postby westbrom » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:23 pm

Those retaining walls look good Adam.

Neil

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:57 am

Nice work Adam, like the retaining walls 8)
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5360&p=215267#p215267

headshot119

Postby headshot119 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:01 pm

Great work Adam. I've always liked the idea of a TMD.

tinsleytmd

Postby tinsleytmd » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:18 pm

Can i give you a tip when scratch building i used to use corigated card to build buildings & you,ll never get them right what i would surgest is some mekpak plastic weld & some thick plasicard scaple & steel ruler you,ll make alote better job of the depot building & the mekpak it melts the plastic together instantly almost & you,ll build a perfect building sqaure & the look will be alote more crisp you can get the materials for under a tenner & the finish will be alote more pro & the best thing is you can get plasticard in corrigated form.

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:01 pm

Loverrlly work Adam, a lovely feast of pictures to greet me as I've just come back from Menorca on holiday! Have a good time in blackpool, hope that foot is feeling better!

Have a good time!

Rhys

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:18 pm

Thanks Guys,

Simon Cheers for the advice mate - my mum brought home some scrap corrigrated card that they had lying about in the school so she thought that i can get some use out of it so will definately try out your advice soon.

Update on the Depot :shock: Have finally got around to attempting to finish it off. I decided that it needed a new roof and general upgrading so 1st of all i decided to paint wasp stripes around the door frames.

Now for the depot with new roof

To me its a big improvement so far and that's not all - i still got plans to add some ligthing to it add a further date but i think a general weathering of the depot and dry brushing the roof with a few streaks of black paint to add to it will improve it.

I'm also in the need of a few tips for adding drain-pipes, guttering etc so if you got any ideas on how i make small drain-pipes and guttering then post away :P

Cheers guys
:D
Adam

Stuart Reid

Postby Stuart Reid » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:29 pm

Can't help you on guttering but the best thing for drain pipes are the small plastic straws you get with soft drink packages like Capri-Sonne. These are also quite useful for the plastic piping used to protect cables running under tracks.

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:51 pm

Oooh, I like the vents!

westbrom

Postby westbrom » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:25 pm

That looks very nice Adam, smashing work there.

Neil

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:31 pm

Hi Adam

Hadn't realised but I must have missed your last couple of updates! Loved the little video of the 47. Also, I think you were right to change the roof: the new one looks excellent! ;)

Cheers fella, glad to see it's all coming together really well!

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

tinsleytmd

Postby tinsleytmd » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:11 am

Well i must say that depot has improved some have you used scalescene prints for the brick & corrigated iron?? it looks great.

Carry on building stuff like that but with the techniques i told you about you,ll be able to scratch build owt well done good effort.

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:18 pm

Thanks Guys - really appreciate it :D

Thanks to Neil and Dave as always 8)

Stuart - Great idea, didin't think of using plastic straws so will try that out and will let you know how i get on!

Tim - Glad you liked it mate, i'll be making another vid soon so watch out for that one :wink:

Simon - I've used Scalescene prints for the corrigated iron, kindly donated by Lofty in the hour of need :) The Brick prints are from this Site, I plan to weather them down maybe with some pastels or when its time to weather the track when the ballast is down then maybe the spray from the spraycan can weather it a bit.

Cheers guys

Adam

Postby 47806 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:38 pm

The depot building looks great!
Follow the Progress on my Layouts - click here.
My Railway Photography - click here.

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:56 pm

Thanks Thomas (47806)

small update.......
do you remember this little project?

well i have finally got around to starting it - hopefully i want it to look like this class 37 currently doomed at Margam (this picture was taken 2 years ago and its still there)

well here's my attempt - here's the 1st coat applied and the picture does not do it justice at all - it is alot lighter than it shows - will be adding darker coats and then trying to peal or scape the coat to show the lighter areas - well thats the plan anyway

anyway Vid tomorrow :D

Adam

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”