North Clipperby - Live Steam - New Video

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
leopard

Postby leopard » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:53 pm

good doesn't come close thats very, very nice.

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:22 am

dale.albiston wrote:good doesn't come close thats very, very nice.

i would agree but it looks like there is sleepers missing, not trying to be overly critical but i think they show as missing
however the ballasting and colouring looks spot on
michael

thebuisnessman

Postby thebuisnessman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:56 am

Thanks Chaps. The Sleepers still need relpacing in places. The ones on the viaduct were a bit of a silly mistake really, I put down the Ballast before checking, so I'll have to rip up the ballast now. I think a light dusting of a dark grey might be in order for the sleeper tops too.

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:44 am

This is one of the things, as part of NRM cult. We are all newish to model railways and will make the odd mistake. Your layout has come on so well and even with this little mistake, you should be proud of you accomplishments so far, welldone. :wink:

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:05 am

Your ballast/track looks very convincing, well done. I must have missed the previous updates but I've certainly enjoyed catching up!

Rhys

thebuisnessman

Postby thebuisnessman » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:25 pm

The proof is in the pudding of how long I haven't worked on my layout - this thread was religated to page three. Having done a special bit of modelling recently (can't say anything else yet, but will be able to in a couple of months :D ), I've done a bit more work on my layout this evening. Just a bit of polyfilla and work on the small yard, but its a start - better than nothing eh!

All the track on my layout has been cleaned up after it was sprayed up a month or so ago, the tops are now nice and shiney awaiting running. I was hoping to get my Live Steam loco out the box this evening, time permitting for a quick run to losen the joints. I now have a new digital camera that can take video with sound in a much more reasonable quality. Should be interesting!

I have had time to make a couple of Aircraft kits though whilst away from working on the layout, plus the D-Day diorama which I posted in the gallery last week. For anyone that is interested, I'm building a 1/48 P-38J Lightening at the mo, and this should be finished soon. I've also finished off my Winter Scenery Competition entry which I'm quite proud of.

Owen

thebuisnessman

Postby thebuisnessman » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:14 pm

Time for a new video. I haven't had the Live Steam stuff out for quite a while. As I had a bit of free time this evening, I decided to get it out for a play to free up the joints a little.

The video is taking ages to upload, so enjoy the pics for the moment. :D

thebuisnessman

Postby thebuisnessman » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:55 pm

peak

Postby peak » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:49 am

I enjoyed the video very much indeed.
Nice to see things moving!
One of the reasons my layout isn't showing any progress at the moment is because I keep playing with it!
I have a silly question. Why are your trains running wrong line?
I sure there's a reason?
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk

thebuisnessman

Postby thebuisnessman » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:26 pm

Nope, their isn't a reason - I didn't think when putting them on the tracks. Glad you liked the vid! :D

Things have been stored away for the last couple of months and the place had slid into something resembling a pig's sty. The rail tops also needed cleaning as I sprayed up the track a month or two ago and this was quite a long job that took the best part of an hour to do.

thebuisnessman

Postby thebuisnessman » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:33 pm

Done a little more work on the layout today - working on the "photographic" branchline. The 'underpass' that goes under the small yard has had some Faller Embossed Foam retaining walls fixed into position:

I've also worked a little on the Branchline. A 5MT poses for a quick photo:

I built up and quickly painted a Wills Pill-box this afternoon too:

I'm hoping to get the majority of the 009 trackwork finished off tomorrow if all goes to plan.

Owen.

dr5euss

Postby dr5euss » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:43 pm

Last edited by dr5euss on Fri May 27, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebuisnessman

Postby thebuisnessman » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Mottling actually, and a bit of drybrushing - about four or five different greyish tones (H27, 28, 64, 67 IIRC) were mottled on with an old paintbrush and a H33/H67 mossey coloured mix was drybrushed along the bottom to represent damp like moisture.

Blaqkaudio009

Postby Blaqkaudio009 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:03 pm

looking forward to the 009 updates!

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:14 pm

Good stuff Owen. I must say I really like the way the branchline descent has been modelled. I am looking forward to seeing some pix of a suitable train emerging from it!

Cheers fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”