Moel Eilio - OO9

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
bunji

Postby bunji » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:02 am

Excellent work there! Is that a Prince loco in the foreground? What chassis did you use for it?

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:26 am

I'm not a big 009 fan, but when I see images like yours, I'm impressed.

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:50 pm

Hi CO!

Still love that little station, looks just right mate! Just a thought: had you considered 'picking out' the fence 'infront of' the house on the back scene? You could do a 'part releif' by making a wall to stick on top of it giving the scene even more depth!

Cheers fella

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Curious Orange

Postby Curious Orange » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:01 pm

Thanks for your kind words everyone - its amazing what a blurry photograph can do to improve the look of a model!! :wink:

Infrontcat - the fence you refer to will get covered up at some point by a model of a typical NWNGR signal cabin. I'm glad you love the little station, as it was something of a labour of love (possibly hate) on my part. As I've mentioned it is based on the building at Tryfan Junction, and was made entirely based on a photo in Peter Johnson's book Portrait of the Welsh Highland Railway (1999) Ian Allen, p87. It's a bit of a rivet counter job in that I've tried to keep the shape, positioning, and number of stones/brickwork/tiles correct (though will admit that I have compromised slightly as I was restricted by space (I laid the siding before deciding on the station building). The stonework is also painted to try and reflect the shades shown in the (black and white) photo. It all took a while...

Bunji - yes that is Prince, built about 15 years ago on an Ibertren Cuckoo chassis. The body is being replaced with a new one as the finish on my original effort isn't good enough for my liking. The chassis is being re-used on my new model, though both it and the new body are being "adjusted" in order for the body to sit at a more correct height - my chief gripe with the original model is that it sits too high over the chassis (and the paint job was dire, filling poor, alignment not square...).

Curious Orange

Postby Curious Orange » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:11 pm

Hi all,

So I was around at my Mum's the other day, what with it being Easter and her expecting a visit and all, when I remembered that I needed to liberate some switches from a control panel which I intend to now use to operate the de-couplers I'm going to install on Moel Eilio. Anyway, also in the roof is my previous OO-9 Bryn Valley Railway layout, which I intend to get back to (repair and complete - lofts are NOT good places for model railways) when I own my own home and have some space for it.

As I had my phone I thought I'd take some photos of the one board that is sort of complete and share them with you good people.

mortyfootball

Postby mortyfootball » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:24 pm

Nice work there, keep it up!

Shaun
Currently on the rails with my camera

bunji

Postby bunji » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:58 pm

That's a cracking layout! The disused cars are a nice touch. :D

redline41190

Postby redline41190 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:11 pm

Wow CO..
thats some really nice work (:twisted: envies your layout) . I hope that I can get something close to this kind of work on my 16.5mm layout. Really nice, keep up the good work CO

Cheers
-Jeremy
There are two ways to do things... The Great Western way, and the wrong way.

Danny

Postby Danny » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:27 pm

Wow what a loverly layout, keep up the good work. I like the old rusty cars.

Danny.

Curious Orange

Postby Curious Orange » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:11 pm

The BullAnt motorbogie arrived for my Dick Kerr Petrol Electric Tractor this morning. Now I just have to build the body and work out how to attach it!

I now have no-less than SEVEN engines to build/complete :shock: The other six are:

Kerr Stuart 6wd
George England 0-4-0ST+T "Prince"
Hunslet 2-6-2T "Russell"
Baldwin 4-6-0T "590"
Baldwin Gas Mechanical Tractor
Nasmyth Wilson "Troodos" class 2-6-0+T

Spot the odd one out!! :wink:

redline41190

Postby redline41190 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:01 pm

Im taking some inspiration from your layout if you don't mind :D
I love the look of it, just imagine something similar in 0-16.5 :P

Curious Orange

Postby Curious Orange » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:21 am

I've been wondering what my next project should be - given the amount of incomplete kits I have lying around. After very little though I've decided that its about time I finished the "Gladstone" coach that I've half built (but stopped because I mucked up soldering a joint), so last night I started pushing out the rivet detail on my Dick Kerr Tractor etch. Yes, I know that doesn't quite make sense, but in my mind its quite sensible as that kit needs soldering together too - so I'm getting it ready before getting my iron out of the cupboard!

British Rail

Postby British Rail » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:04 am

Excellent stuff :) A lovely layout you have there well done!

Curious Orange

Postby Curious Orange » Wed May 02, 2007 6:15 pm

I've thought for some time that there isn't enough clutter in the yard. So last night I ordered a Wills Yard Crane and a Ratio pack of pallets, sacks and barrels. I've also ordered some telegraph poles, one of which I intend to alter so it looks like the one that stood outside Tryfan Junction station building, and a pack of Enamel Signs from TinySigns.

redline41190

Postby redline41190 » Thu May 03, 2007 2:49 pm

OooOO... sounds like a lot of fun... Im still creating my loco, which will take a while. Cant wait to see what happens next :D

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”