How to Spot the Loch Ness Monster

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Chops

How to Spot the Loch Ness Monster

Postby Chops » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:16 am

https://youtu.be/Ieh6mEtUr34

There are ways and there are ways.
Nessie rocks!

Bufferstop

Re: How to Spot the Loch Ness Monster

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:01 am

They seem to be going about it all wrong, in 1968 an English University mounted a summer campaign to spot Nessie, there were lots of reports from the team all over TV (that wasn't hard with only three channels to cover) and lots of "experts" brought in to theorise on what Nessie could be. The actuality was a little different, a bunch of students in a borrowed college mini-bus who would set up their gear each day at a different vantage point. If they were doing it today it would require a temporary control room with banks of screens and miles of wiring, three or four mobile camera teams a couple of TV friendly experts, a couple of clueless presenters, and an hour of airtime every night to fill with the days near misses and projections as to the luck they might have tomorrow. Of course they would have to call it "Nessiewatch Live"
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:24 am

In these days when everyone has a reasonable quality camera in their phone, visibility of the Loch from the A82 has been improved due to tree felling during road realignment and (when COVID-19 restrictions are not in place) there are considerably more tourists in the area why are there not many more photographs of the "Loch Ness Monster"?
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:17 pm

I think Nessie is camera shy. according to wikipedia her proper name is Nessiteras rhombopteryx, given to her by Sir Peter Scott in order to be able to list her as an endangered species.
Wikipedia entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Scott#Loch_Ness_Monster
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:07 pm

neessie.jpg.eda50bbe490b312c2321e069f382b438.jpg
neessie.jpg.eda50bbe490b312c2321e069f382b438.jpg (74.79 KiB) Viewed 398 times
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Raboliot

Postby Raboliot » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:08 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chops

Postby Chops » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:51 am

Regrettably, a theory was demonstrated wherein dead fall from one of several streams, bobbing in the water, can account for a visual of a seemingly life like object. However, nothing helps complete the effect like a good draught from the beverage service on the wine train. :)
Nessie rocks!

joshv8

Postby joshv8 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:57 pm

On the Nessie topic we took the kids to the Sea Monsters exibit here in Brisbane last month, and they had a life size Plesiosaur skeleton. I got to tell the kids, some what confused, they had just seen the Loch Ness monster.
Cheers,
Josh
20210113_141727_copy_800x600.jpg

Chops

Postby Chops » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:02 am

Great photo, enough to make me wish to stay out of any body of water deeper than my ankles. Utterly gives me the creeps.
Nessie rocks!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”