Stainsacre Lane

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Ex-Pat

Re: Stainsacre Lane

Postby Ex-Pat » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:09 pm

Excellent smooth running there.

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:32 am

Hi Dave

I do like small yard shunting locos, and blue suits them.
Once you would never have believed it, but doesn't that kit built grey 16 tonner look the part.
Those Bacchy ones could do with some dirt & rust on the inside, it's so noticeable that they're
spotlessly clean.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Stainsacre

Postby Stainsacre » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:18 am

Thanks guys,

You are correct Geoff, I was Bauxite all the way, but following your advice I built a kit, but wasn’t that impressed (with my ability, or lack of) but it came alive after repainting it grey.

I suspect that more kits will follow :o

Stainsacre

Postby Stainsacre » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:12 pm

A slight modification in the plan has resulted in a bit of a change in the track plan, no scenery was harmed so it’s been a bit painless.

PinkNosedPenguin

Postby PinkNosedPenguin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi, only just found this thread, and had an enjoyable read...

Looks like a lot has been done in a short time (I know, lockdown gives us more modeling time :D). I especially like the rocky outcrop on the curve, and the long straight fencing with trees behind which makes a lot of a narrow width. Great slow running in the vid too 8)

Any chance of a track plan?

P.S. I too have just discovered Palight (I think that's the material you are using for your bridge?). I am liking the 3mm thick sheets, easily carved into stonework . . .

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”