From planning to building....

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
boxbrownie

From planning to building....

Postby boxbrownie » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:20 am

Well the present “situation” has prompted me into action, if I am going to be stuck at home for a few months it gives me more of an excuse to get the layout going, collected all the track I need, Viessmann point motors, odd and ends, bits and pieces and some more.
Track layed to test the theoretical plan, needed a bit of “massaging” and added a couple of sidings at the back for storage, it all works great, even using presently just one connection to the entire circuit from the Ecos controller including all the Viessmann point motors I have now fitted all contained within the ballasted points.....who said DCC was just as difficult as DC to wire? This Trix track really does make the electrics a doddle.

The picture is taken with the back of the layout closet to the camera, to avoid any confusion.
E1DC6E25-C6FE-4339-B4D1-9F2D42E860AC.jpeg
A5C9267A-7ABF-4443-9A7F-45B05C3C5687.jpeg
Best regards David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you......I may wish to offend again.

boxbrownie

Re: From planning to building....

Postby boxbrownie » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:26 am

I need to start making plans for separating the boards if and when I ever need to, therefore a track supply to each board/track will be made and then final position for the track layout before fixing down permanently, not sure if I am going to use the very tiny Trix track screws or maybe just run some slightly diluted PVA along the tracks ballast each side before scenic additions to the permanent way.

Bit at least it is all coming together now, although progress is a big slow due to grandchildren being with us for the duration and every time I attempt to go into the playroom I get asked if they can watch Thomas running around......... :D
Best regards David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you......I may wish to offend again.

pete12345

Postby pete12345 » Mon May 18, 2020 4:42 pm

Those German track systems are very well thought out. Just like that, you have a self-contained, DCC motorised set of points which is wired and ready to lay. Only issue is if a motor fails and needs repair as the track section has to be lifted.
Once an engine attached to a train, was afraid of a few drops of rain...

glencairn

Postby glencairn » Mon May 18, 2020 5:28 pm

boxbrownie wrote: ---- although progress is a big slow due to grandchildren being with us for the duration and every time I attempt to go into the playroom I get asked if they can watch Thomas running around......... :D

Been there, boxbrownie. :lol: Now they take charge of my engines, Even my (now four year old) granddaughter takes control of the Class 55s and 52s, then telling me to change the points so the engines take a different route. Love It! :lol:

Instead of languishing in the drawer, our 'Percy' from the Thomas the Tank range has been repainted etc on our Steam Engine layout (Steam Trains to Sovereign Street.)

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”