Diesels at Crown Point and Sovereign St.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Ex-Pat

Re: Diesels at Crown Point and Sovereign St.

Post by Ex-Pat »

I like the weathering on the Newspapers Van.
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Ex-Pat wrote:I like the weathering on the Newspapers Van.
Thank you Ex-Pat for your comment. I did it with make-up powders just dusted on, over six months ago.

Glencairn
To the world you are someone. To someone you are their world.
I Cannot Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

A Leeds Central to Dewsbury Market Place Station DMU waits at the Junction Signal.
IMG_5517.JPG
At Crown Point Yard waiting for their next turn of duty.
IMG_5515.JPG
Class 47 47402 Gateshead with a Castleford to Leeds Central two carriage local, passing Wyndham Farm & Canal Corner.
IMG_5499.JPG
Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

There comes a time when the young ones are totally in charge. I even lost the job of signalman!!!
IMG_5554.JPG
IMG_5555.JPG
Fourth Class passengers travel on the roof! They did two circuits without falling off.
IMG_5547.JPG
Glencairn
Ex-Pat

Post by Ex-Pat »

At what stage did you become aware of them (or did you put them there?!)
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Ex-Pat wrote:At what stage did you become aware of them (or did you put them there?!)
On the second lap they made. I hope none fell off. :shock:

Glencairn
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

Hooligans on the roof. A train waiting at Bescot Junction was being held up by hooligans who had climbed on the roof. The signaller had got the power cut seconds before they reached.it. The railway police inspector arriving on the scene grabbed the megaphone and addressed them it went something like this "I don't give "b..........."for you lot, this train is leaving, once it gets past the motorway the power is on. For your own safety be off or in the train. ok driver take it away, followed by a loud blast on a guards whistle and the driver revving up the engines. One or two made it back inside the train, the rest deposited themselves on the platform, where they were picked up and marched away by the waiting coppers.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Bufferstop wrote:Hooligans on the roof. A train waiting at Bescot Junction was being held up by hooligans who had climbed on the roof. The signaller had got the power cut seconds before they reached.it. The railway police inspector arriving on the scene grabbed the megaphone and addressed them it went something like this "I don't give "b..........."for you lot, this train is leaving, once it gets past the motorway the power is on. For your own safety be off or in the train. ok driver take it away, followed by a loud blast on a guards whistle and the driver revving up the engines. One or two made it back inside the train, the rest deposited themselves on the platform, where they were picked up and marched away by the waiting coppers.
No trouble here from any passengers. Just the people in control causing the challenges. :lol: :lol:

I still have to check none have fallen of the train! :shock:

Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

The grandchildren's last day here.

Only one speed. Full speed it is.
IMG_5556.JPG
IMG_5560.JPG
IMG_5562.JPG
Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Class 47 47711 'Greyfriars Bobby' winds through Leeds Sovereign Street Station on its way to Leeds Central
IMG_5574.JPG

Class 25 25218 with a Leeds Central to York train entering Leeds Sovereign Street Station.
IMG_5575.JPG
The same train about to pass Roseville Station.
IMG_5577.JPG
Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

25218 at the junction. Charlie Marston's Yard is on the right.
IMG_5578.JPG
Passing Wyndham Farm. The real Wyndham Farm is in Cumbria. I am reliably informed that the model of the farm house is virtually identical to the real one, hence the name.
IMG_5580.JPG
Glencairn
glencairn

Post by glencairn »

Class 47s

Class 47 47567 'Red Star' with a northbound parcels train passing Crown Point Yard. Matt Summers stops to see the train as he is still 'tidying up ' his garden after the strong winds. If he cut back the hedge he would see more. :)
IMG_5603.JPG
Class 47 402 'Gateshead' with a Castleford to Leeds Central local train passing Charlie Marston's Yard.
IMG_5604.JPG
47402 passing Leeds Sovereign Street Station.
IMG_5606.JPG
This time 47404 'Hadrian' on a two coach local train Leeds Central to York. In real life although 47404 was a Gateshead based locomotive, it spent the most of its time around Birmingham. I guess the crews there liked it!

IMG_5607.JPG

Glencairn
captrees

Post by captrees »

Wyndham Farm is very similar to the Bachmann Scenecraft 'Goathland Station.' Someone gave me one of these and I turned it back into a farmhouse.
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

I like the way your foliage reaches out to touch the trains. It's a bit like the entry to the North Warwicks(Shakespeare) Line at Tyseley.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Mountain

Post by Mountain »

Bufferstop wrote:Hooligans on the roof. A train waiting at Bescot Junction was being held up by hooligans who had climbed on the roof. The signaller had got the power cut seconds before they reached.it. The railway police inspector arriving on the scene grabbed the megaphone and addressed them it went something like this "I don't give "b..........."for you lot, this train is leaving, once it gets past the motorway the power is on. For your own safety be off or in the train. ok driver take it away, followed by a loud blast on a guards whistle and the driver revving up the engines. One or two made it back inside the train, the rest deposited themselves on the platform, where they were picked up and marched away by the waiting coppers.
That reminds me of a situation we had at a certain mainline city terminus station one evening.
We (The driver and I) had had quite a day and were tired. We were near the last stretch to go back home as we would clock off about an hour later. We had about 15 to 20 minutes before they train was due to leave and we had come back from our break to see the station chargeman in a bit of a panic. "You can't leave as there is a man trying to commit suicide in front of the train".
The man was lying on the track just in front of the stationary train and refusing to leave.
Now if we had called the British Transport Police we would be in for a long wait. A long wait that we did not want.
The driver said to me "I haven't got time for this. Jump in and close the doors". I was at the front of the train near the driving cab. I knew he was up to something! I peered into the cab and the driver was leaning out the side window and he revved the train up and said "How do you want it? Fast or slow?"
With that the guy jumped up off the track in a panic and said while pointing at the driver "He could have killed me!" The poor guy was shaking, but we got him off the track! I was trying to keep a straight face as the driver smiled.