Night Mail

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Bufferstop

Re: Night Mail

Postby Bufferstop » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:17 am

No I wouldn't want to upset you Mr G, but those guys were definitely trying too hard! It is often the case that those in the chain of command, exaggerate the urgency of instructions when passing them on. I've seen the schedules that couriers are given making deliveries in my vicinity and the are often not achievable, the biggest mistake is expecting all drops to be completed in less than average time. I was always tempted to say nothing about timing and urgency not knowing how far it might get shoved up the scale by the time it reaches the guy on the sharp end.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

manna

Re: Night Mail

Postby manna » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:29 pm

G'Day Gents

I drove for the PO, back in 79/80 (long time ago) and some of the rosters when like this, Drive to London, with a truck full of mail, have a break, (whilst your truck was unloaded and reloaded) Drive back to home depot, in my cast Southend on Sea, (both ways, via a set route) the sooner you got back, the sooner you went home. :D, That was the incentive to drive faster............

manna
EDGWARE GN. Steam in the Suburbs

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”