Layout Rebuild,,,no name as yet

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
mjb1961

Layout Rebuild,,,no name as yet

Postby mjb1961 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi ,,,,after a couple of years of not really being 100% happy with my layout I decided to take it all up and try to recreate something more exciting :D :D ,,,I bought a couple of wardie master models girder bridges which are going to be incorporated in the upper level track,,which is twin tracks running 100mm high on embankment made from 100mm cellotex around the perimeter of the layout ,so far I've cut and fitted the cellotex ,next job will be to fill up any gaps in the top surface and then start to lay track ,I've bought peco flexi for this ,it will be at least 3rd and 4th radius ,,,on the baseboard level will be another two tracks running parallel with each other ,on this level will be the station and goods shed etc ,the upper level will only have a wayside halt ,im hoping to do a better job all round with this next layout build ,IE ,,track weathering,static grass etc ,,anyway I will keep this thread updated just in case anyone is interested,,,,,mjb1961

Dublo

Re: Layout Rebuild,,,no name as yet

Postby Dublo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:24 am

Hi mjb
I sounds like you have a good layout plan there. I would certainly be interested in following the building of your model.

mjb1961

Postby mjb1961 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:06 am

Thanks Dublo,,,

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:19 pm

We need pictures!!! :lol:
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

mjb1961

Postby mjb1961 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Have had a bit of a set back ,the cellotex came unstuck,the b and q no more nails didn't hold it,I have reglued it with gripfill,I'm hoping that will be ok ,then I found that nothing would stick to the foil face of the cellotex so yesterday I had the tedious job of removing it,after a couple of hours of getting nowhere fast I had a brainwave to use the sureform I have in the tool box ,that made light work of the job but made a nice mess ,after cleaning up I coated the surface with a watered down solution of pva to hopefully seal the surface ,I bought some 3mm cork to use on the cellotex but have changed my mind ,I have a 8x4ft grass mat by Bachmann in light green ,im thinking of gluing that to the surface of the cellotex and then glue and pin down the track nd then ballast which will then leave a green border each side of the tracks ,I've yet to decide on the front of the cellotex because it will be cut to to become a gradient,I had planned to do the gradients a mixture of grass and rock etc ,,,anyway I'll keep this upto date and I'll take some photos as I go along ,,I don't know how I'm going to upload them on this forum ,I'm not that IT minded ,,if it was easy like the hornby forum I would be alright,,,,,anyway that it for now ,,thanks mjb

mjb1961

Postby mjb1961 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:19 pm

Mission Aborted folks ,,,,wife said the 100mm cellotex was too high and any embankment would look silly also I fear I would have problems keeping the track fixed down ,,,the new plan is to build the embankment with wood supports and mdf top and I might use the cellotex for the front of the embankment to creat the slope and rocky face ,,,will come back and report on how it is going,,mjb

End2end

Postby End2end » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:14 pm

mjb1961 wrote:I'll take some photos as I go along ,,I don't know how I'm going to upload them on this forum ,I'm not that IT minded

This is the information you need mjb. :)
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=40053&p=492996&hilit=Idiot#p493187
Or
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=53337&hilit=upload

Be advised that any picture uploaded needs to be at least 500 pixels either in height or width.
For simple resizing of pictures have a read of this link - viewtopic.php?f=42&t=53064&hilit=upload#p652047
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”