Carstairs 2019 build - 1980s themed DCC layout in OO

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
matt1471

Carstairs 2019 build - 1980s themed DCC layout in OO

Postby matt1471 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Well after months of planning and spending time in the 'track/layout design' and 'laying planning' part of the forum, Carstairs has now made it into the 'Under Construction' phase.

Built on 9mm MDF mounted to a 3x1 CLS timber frame, it sits at 170cm tall and measures just under 11ft long and 7ft wide with a nice sized operating well in the middle.

Control will be made with Digitrax using the Zephyr, DC400 and UT4 handsets with JMRI monitoring the block sections using DigiKeijs DR4088s over loconet.

I have attached the final track plan, showing all of the detected sections and photo of the layout now I have finally laid the track.

Every point and individual piece of track has a dropped fitted so there can be no chance of poor running! I'm using code 100 track and insulfrog points throughout.

I welcome your comments, suggestions, criticisms and feedback as I progress the build.

Thanks
Matt
Attachments
NRM size Carstairs layout track.jpg
Photo of layout March 14th 2019
NRM size Carstairs layout track.jpg (61.78 KiB) Viewed 544 times
Carstairs Block Sections.jpg
Track plan and block sections
Last edited by matt1471 on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luckymucklebackit

Re: Carstairs 2019 build - 1980s themed DCC layout in OO

Postby luckymucklebackit » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:46 pm

Son't forget to model the pub! A Summer Friday evening spotting at Carstairs was never complete without a quick pint or two before catching the Perth train home to Coatbridge!

Will follow this with interest, I have quite a number of photographs of the station in this era and there are plenty more on-line.

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

matt1471

Postby matt1471 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Thanks Jim. I've not got that much scope for modelling scenery outside of the main track plan and station of Carstairs, but I'm sure I can add something in time!

No doubt I will be asking for lots of advice and photos' as I go along the way!

Itsonlyme

Postby Itsonlyme » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:46 pm

I always get layout envoy when I come on here :cry: I'd get told off if I tried something that size lol.

Looking good so far!

End2end

Postby End2end » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Itsonlyme wrote:I always get layout envoy when I come on here :cry: I'd get told off if I tried something that size lol.

Don't think of the ear bashing, think of the cleaning. :o :lol:
Still trying to work out what a layout envoy is though. Maybe you should impliment one for the track negotiations. :lol:

Back on point, I can see nice long trains being able to traverse round your layout matt1471. :mrgreen:
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Itsonlyme

Postby Itsonlyme » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:10 pm

End2end wrote:
Itsonlyme wrote:I always get layout envoy when I come on here :cry: I'd get told off if I tried something that size lol.

Don't think of the ear bashing, think of the cleaning. :o :lol:
Still trying to work out what a layout envoy is though. Maybe you should impliment one for the track negotiations. :lol:

Back on point, I can see nice long trains being able to traverse round your layout matt1471. :mrgreen:
Thanks
End2end

Well just waiting on a room to become spare lol.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”