Metrocamel's Layout- Modern Engineers wagons - pics page 51

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Metrocamel

Re: Metrocamel's new Modern image Layout Pics page 37

Postby Metrocamel » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:37 pm

Have wired up a couple of LED's for the shed interior. Not permanently fixed yet but the plan is to fix the wires running the length of the roof. The wires are fitted as positive and negative rails with the casing cut away for the LED's to be soldered in, each in parallel with it's own IK resistor. The power leads go into one of two hollow pillars that are fastened to the board, remaining in place when the rest of the shed is removed.

"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5360&p=215267#p215267

Metrocamel

Re: Metrocamel's new Modern image Layout Pics page 38

Postby Metrocamel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Update- the removable section is fully balalsted and test running is in progress to work out the teething problems. Also fitted the lighting unit to the Pacer with great results, however the decoder has now failed and looks like it will need replacing :(
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:07 pm

You can get bristles in foot lengths, rather than dissecting brushes- IIRC, t'is a WS thing

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:11 pm

A few pics to let you know what’s been going on. The 142 lights are among them but the decoder is still dead and hasn’t been replaced so the Pacer’s still in storage for now. The lights were much easier to fit than I’d thought and look fantastic, highly recommended.

142 headlights…

… and tail lights. In my opinion the tail lights look the best.

A few pics of the removable section that’s now ballasted at long last!

This siding will be the site for some Knightwing fuel loading/ unloading points used to discharge tank wagons and perhaps some of the other nice fuel related stuff in their range. The double storage tanks might tempt me enough to cut the track short for space to fit them in.

Lastly a close up of some of the ballast.
Layout updated 18/10/09!

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:12 pm

A few pics to let you know what’s been going on. The 142 lights are among them but the decoder is still dead and hasn’t been replaced so the Pacer’s still in storage for now. The lights were much easier to fit than I’d thought and look fantastic, highly recommended.

142 headlights…

… and tail lights. In my opinion the tail lights look the best.

A few pics of the removable section that’s now ballasted at long last!

This siding will be the site for some Knightwing fuel loading/ unloading points used to discharge tank wagons and perhaps some of the other nice fuel related stuff in their range. The double storage tanks might tempt me enough to cut the track short for space to fit them in.

Lastly a close up of some of the ballast.
Layout updated 18/10/09!

Johnsy

Postby Johnsy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:31 am

Just a quick question (sorry if its mentioned somewhere in the thread already)...

What have you used for the wire coming from the lineside equipment box?
How long has my sleeve been in the PVA...

My Current Layout Progress - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2346&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:06 pm

It's solder painted orange, just like I used for replacing the ruber hoses on the Knightwing fuelling points. I'd reccomend real orange wire any day though a sthe paint peels off easily and painting get's boring.
Layout updated 18/10/09!

santene

Postby santene » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:21 pm

Metro one thing, the brush weeds they look good but on the 2nd pic of the 142 they look slightly pattened and centred next time you use them maby a bit more random?
proud modeller jake also known as Duke Jake the Bewildered of Mousehole by Sea :D

anyone got n gauge track i can buy

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:25 pm

Love the 142, keep up the good work :wink:
Regards, Jed

davek

Postby davek » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:27 pm

Great work mate, like the lighting in the shed!

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:52 pm

High time I updated this thread now :roll: I've been pretty busy with the layout (internet trouble was the reason for absence).

I'll post pics soon-ish but here's a brief description.

The fuel siding on the removable board is taking shape with Knightwing fuel tanks in grey and some walls built from card covered with Slaters stone sheet. The plan is to concrete the yard with plaster or similar but as of yet this has been held up by the lack of the Knightwing fuel unlaoding points I need.

On the yard side a backdrop is taking shape in form of an embankment. This is polystyrene coated in papier mache and then foliage grass. i'm not totally happy with it yet and might add more greenery. In the same area an overbridge has been scratchbuilt with two spans. The first crossing four lines in the yard between the embankment and the station and the second crossing the single track inner loop. The middle support pillar has facility for steps down to the station to be added later.

Some new wagons on the way too that should finally set the layout up as a former Rf Petroleum terminal. Six Bachmann TTA's, four in BP Green and two in Unbranded Gas Oil Black accompanied by three of the same company's TEA 100 tonners in Shell grey. Not a full train of TEA's yet but more to come in future.

Pics soon :)

Liam.
Layout updated 18/10/09!

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:48 pm

A few pics.

Fuel tanks.

Yard with bridge.
Layout updated 18/10/09!

PTmodeller

Postby PTmodeller » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:41 pm

Love that last shot, the painting on the Oil thingy is great too, but I think some black is needed

lmsrail

Postby lmsrail » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:59 pm

Love that last shot

I couldnt agree with you more :D
Regards, Jed

Metrocamel

Postby Metrocamel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:39 pm

The wagons came today! :D Finally the layout is starting to look like a fuel depot. As good as Bachmann's TTA's and TEA's look a coat of grime and spilt oil will be in order at some stage to complete the effect :)

Also, some of the photos are a little off quality, maybe because of the bright loco lights.

Layout updated 18/10/09!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”