Henley

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Chops

Nessie Strikes Again..and again...

Postby Chops » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:47 pm

I spent the rest of my morning dabbling with sound effects. There is a ton of every sort of sound effect one could want out there, including a
bunch of British steam and diesel- I will be having fun with that. So, this is a story board using previous footage, sorry for the repetition, but the
sound track is entirely new...

https://youtu.be/maNkb50i1Ww
I don't care what they say. I believe in Nessie.

Montfort

Re: Henley

Postby Montfort » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:30 am

Nice video. Thanks.
Remember: model railroading can become contagious. So be careful...

Chops

Henley: A Festival of Steam

Postby Chops » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:23 pm

A tourist bus of vacationers arrives at Henley Station for the "Henley Festival of Steam."
green tour bus 005.JPG

green tour bus 008.JPG

joshv8

Postby joshv8 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:45 pm

I hope with all those tourists, the guards are on nessie watch.

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:23 pm

On the subject of "Nessie"...

The most famous photographs of the so called beast all date from the days of black and white film, when cameras were very rare. Do you ever wonder why in the present day when there are hundreds of thousands of tourists, armed to a man with cameras varying from simple phones to sophisticated DSLRs there has not been a single reported sighting backed up with a photograph??? :o

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

Dublo

Postby Dublo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:08 pm

There is an easy answer to that, she is having a break at the moment staying over on Chops' layout

joshv8

Postby joshv8 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:24 am

luckymucklebackit wrote:On the subject of "Nessie"...

The most famous photographs of the so called beast all date from the days of black and white film, when cameras were very rare. Do you ever wonder why in the present day when there are hundreds of thousands of tourists, armed to a man with cameras varying from simple phones to sophisticated DSLRs there has not been a single reported sighting backed up with a photograph??? :o

Jim

I quite enjoy cryptozoology. Theres been quite a few videos and photos of Nessie in the last ten years but as has always been the case, the tails seem to be hokum.
I honestly think tales of nessie sightings have been so regularly forged people...as a whole... have lost interest.
I must admit it is fun to think about isn't it? And to add to that I think theres too many medieval tales of dragons with quite vivid descrptions to discredit there possibly were other animals that arent now in existence

Chops

Postby Chops » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:18 am

In sunny Florida, living fossils found from the Oligocene Epoch, 37 million ago, routinely eat poodles and unwary adults and children. They are called alligators. Same with sharks, and horse shoe crabs. Facts are that dinosaurs never went away. Much evidence is pointing to the idea that dinosaurs were warm blooded in the way birds are warm blooded. They morphed into avian species and into non-avian species (reptiles) of today's fauna. Common wisdom is that dinosaurs were "discovered" in 1844. The larger reality is that our ancestors were often stumbling over giant foot prints (thought to be a giant extinct chicken, by an Amherst College Professor) and chunks of fossilized skull and bone. This probably formed the basis of dragon mythology. Now as for Nessie...

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:14 pm

Nessie now has a DMU to chase!
Is surprising how many accounts of living dinosaurs there have been seen in written history, so it's plausable that Nessie may still be down there hiding from humans only to surface at night for a bite of a nice tasty sheep. :shock:
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

End2end

Postby End2end » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:26 pm

:lol: :lol:
Hilarious video!
It's sounds like Nessie has some indigestion though. :? :lol:
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

Chops

Postby Chops » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 am

Mountain wrote:Nessie now has a DMU to chase!
Is surprising how many accounts of living dinosaurs there have been seen in written history, so it's plausable that Nessie may still be down there hiding from humans only to surface at night for a bite of a nice tasty sheep. :shock:

The DMU arrived in perfect order, and it was opened with great interest while caravaning in the mountains of Riodoso, New Mexico. Seems like some good Welsh weather came with it- we had sun, rain, freezing rain, snow, and the next day more sun. My railroading chum and I opened it with great interest, and marveled at the meticulous detail of this beautiful Lima model. Now, if I can find some time to run it! Something quintessentially British about this piece that was irresistable to your American Cousin. I believe it shall be most compatible with Nessie.

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:16 am

They are nice models. DMU's have come in various forms in 00 gauge over the years. Trix did a Trans Pennine DMU. Triang did two versions of the class 101. Hornby then did the class 110. Lima did the class 117 (What you have) and the 121, and later still, a lovely version of the class 101. Hornby took over Lima moulds and came out with the 121. Not sure if they've done others? Perhaps the 101? (Struggling with a battle against the autospell here which keeps changing brand names to other words!)
Bachmann then did beautiful models of the classes 105, 108, and a few others (Trying to remember). Then Dapol did the class 122 which is very similar to a 121.
All these DMU's are known as first generation DMU's (Which are actually second generation if one wants to get technical) and have a similar basic look to them even though when one looks closer they are different. Im sure theres others ive missed as well, e.g. Heljans parcel railcar versions etc.
Enjoying 7mm narrow gauge.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”