Greater Loftchester

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
joshv8

Re: Greater Loftchester

Post by joshv8 »

Well, at least you got the wasps out! Nothing quite like the old spray and "RUN"! :lol:

It will be great to see your continued progress. Your track work always looks perfect.
Josh
Chops

Post by Chops »

I've seen your posts around, but not before your layout. What a gargantuan project, and the video of the Hornby Black was fabulous. Love the use of curves to showcase the train. Is it correct that I am seeing you are hand laying your track? I saw a stretch of empty ties leading to a siding. The amount of labor involved in doing all this- do you ever sleep? I have trouble just keeping up with track cleaning duties.
Nessie rocks!
Michaelaface

Post by Michaelaface »

Chops wrote:I've seen your posts around, but not before your layout. What a gargantuan project, and the video of the Hornby Black was fabulous. Love the use of curves to showcase the train. Is it correct that I am seeing you are hand laying your track? I saw a stretch of empty ties leading to a siding. The amount of labor involved in doing all this- do you ever sleep? I have trouble just keeping up with track cleaning duties.
oops need to update the link in my signature, everything here has been rebuilt now aha, hand laying all the track seemed like a "good" idea at the time, zone out, manually assemble a piece of track, take my time, take pride in my work, make sure everything is accurate, and have the best looking, best running layout possible

in reality I just about had the patience to do that one track, whilst I do get a lot of enjoyment from building things, the time and effort in building track doesn't seem worth it atm, I need to see my trains running to keep my motivation up

as for track cleaning duties, I only really clean my track if I notice a loco is having an issue and then I'll clean that part of the track, other than that it's mostly fine

here is my thread on how my layout currently is https://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/F ... 22&t=54997
Bufferstop

Post by Bufferstop »

the time and effort in building track doesn't seem worth it atm, I need to see my trains running to keep my motivation up
I spoke to a friend today who has been building his own track for some time. Then he saw some of Peco's Bullhead Streamline. Same tale "there's more to life than sticking cosmetic chairs onto soldered rails"
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions
Chops

Post by Chops »

What a massive endeavor. Do you have a video link? I cannot believe something so complex could actually work!
Nessie rocks!
Michaelaface

Post by Michaelaface »

Chops wrote:What a massive endeavor. Do you have a video link? I cannot believe something so complex could actually work!
I'm not sure what you mean by complex? to me it seems relatively simple compared to wiring up control boards for manually controlling points/routes, aside from that it's just a fairly standard layout aha

here is a video that I shot today, bit long, but I just set the trains up running at filmed what happened, the computer randomly schedules the locos so I never know whats going to happen which makes it quite interesting... or for horrendous crashes when it goes wrong :lol:

Video link > https://youtu.be/LfmZ0DNYmfQ
Chops

Post by Chops »

A veritable train circus. Remarkable. I gather you are not struggling with issues of derailments and dirty track.
Nessie rocks!