Wandle Park

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
BrightonMan

Wandle Park

Postby BrightonMan » Thu May 24, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi all. My first post on this thread, as the layout is sort of underway (although not much has been done lately due to being very busy at work). The pics show the final track plan which I have arrived at after much thought, and the station building which is nearing completion. Track laying will begin in earnest soon!
Station Building small.jpg
AAA Wandle Park A1.jpg

Ex-Pat

Re: Wandle Park

Postby Ex-Pat » Thu May 24, 2018 6:41 pm

Very refreshing to see signalling planned from the outset!

What gauge/era/area are you? (The building architecture reminds me very slightly of another layout on this forum.)

Dc or DCC?

BrightonMan

Re: Wandle Park

Postby BrightonMan » Fri May 25, 2018 1:07 am

Hi Ex Pat. 00 gauge DC. The layout is an imaginary station on the West Croydon - Wimbledon line, set in the late '50s/early '60s. I chose this as I have fond memories of this area as a child, and also I love the Southern Region of BR! Also I have very little space for a layout and I was determined to have a through station rather than the obvious Terminus/Fiddle yard set up (which would fit in the space I have), but would not be very realistic for a South London based layout as the LBSCR had very few branch lines. So I came up with idea of inventing a station on an existing line which would allow a regular passenger service served by EMU's plus an extensive freight service to all the facilities on the line. That's the plan!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”