RECTORY ROAD

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
stearne

RECTORY ROAD

Postby stearne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi All
Been looking at various projects on the go and thought its about time i put my rectory road on line for you railway modelers to see, Its a new layout just started end of last year in a log cabin, It's oo gauge dcc plan of the layout below,
Rectory road is fictitious layout comprising of a main 6 platform station and a double track main line that does a figure 8 the double track at the top will run under a full length street scene,
The complete layout is block detected comprising of 40 detectors which I developed a couple of years ago the (c) numbers are the block sections
I'll get some more photo'es of the work done so far in near future,
Mick
Attachments
SUMMER HOUSE LAYOUT REV4.jpg

stearne

Re: RECTORY ROAD

Postby stearne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:28 pm

These are my block detectors I've made there plug in because I had a lot of problems with my early soldering skills and making my own circuit boards if I had a cold joint or something I had to disconnect loads of wires to get to the back of the boards so these plug in are ideal.
SAM_0294.JPG
SAM_0294.JPG (172.29 KiB) Viewed 273 times

luckymucklebackit

Postby luckymucklebackit » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Looks a very ambitious and interesting project, look forward to seeing this develop

Jim
This Signature Left Intentionally Blank, but since I have written this and I intended to do it, this Signature is intentionally not blank. Paradox or What?
My layout - Gateside and Northbridge

stearne

Postby stearne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Thanks for that Jim because its a bit chilly in the cabin this time of year I've been trying to build things in the warmth just took this photo of rectory road control panel with Point and track circuit indicators,
SAM_0285.JPG
SAM_0285.JPG (149.44 KiB) Viewed 267 times
I use stud and pen for point control. Mick

stearne

Postby stearne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:17 pm

A couple of photo'es of the main station nothings fixed at the moment the top of the wall along the back will be a full length street scene hopefully with a tram way.
SAM_0298.JPG
SAM_0298.JPG (155.96 KiB) Viewed 262 times
SAM_0299.JPG
SAM_0299.JPG (149.59 KiB) Viewed 262 times

Mountain

Postby Mountain » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:19 pm

I can see the control side of your layout is your type of thing. Well done. :)
The station looks nice too!

Eastern
Location: Portland, Oregon. USA - originally from East Anglia

Postby Eastern » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:31 pm

I am always amazed at other Modeller's electric /electronic skills and the know-how behind it -It looks like a great layout; is there any particular location or era you are thinking about?
“Sir, Sunday morning, although recurring at regular and well foreseen intervals, always seems to take this railway by surprise.”
William S Gilbert

Charles

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Another vote for that nice looking panel you have there. Have you settled on any particular era or location. I like stations set on bridges, they solve the dilemma of which side of the track do I put the station building, and free up space for one more track.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Wow! So similar to my own plans! (continuous running, size, block detectors, etc)
What is the software you use for track plan and mimic?
Intrigued as to what circuit you have built for detectors?
Terrific so far, keep it coming!
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

stearne

Postby stearne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi eastern looking at your profile your from my neck of the woods hope things are good out in oregon, As for era I have all sorts of stock but I do like great eastern and I have my eyes on a one anglia set so I think to get a good range the era would be 60's 70's 80's so I will have some stock to get rid of.
Mick

stearne

Postby stearne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi Timbersurf I tend to use anyrail6 for track plans as for block detectors its a circuit that took me about 18 months to perfect i started off buying off the shelf but they could not cope with what i needed and some just went up in smoke, The main problem i had was i live next to 2 digital masts which was so frustrating because they would trigger them selves but with the help of my son who works with electronic's we managed to do it, The input to each board consists of 1 half of the dcc current, 12v dc for aux things i plan to have 3 lots of gates, and 24v ac for the relays but at the moment an analog 16v ac transformer will be enough to pull the coils in which are triggered by a ASSR-1228-02e chip I dont want to divulge to much as I was thinking of maybe making these to sell as there so robust.
Mick

stearne

Postby stearne » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:13 pm

This is a nice modern roadway bridge by modelrailwayscenery I've made it longer and higher than the standard kit but it looks great.
SAM_0286.JPG
SAM_0286.JPG (160.17 KiB) Viewed 239 times

stearne

Postby stearne » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Due to the size of the layout to do anything underneath it means laying on your back or sitting on the floor and at my age everything starts to aches so I have thought hard about making things easier for me and one thing I did was to pre wire all my points with socket and plugs and these are tested on the panel to make shore they throw the wright way before fixing them to the layout, There all numbered up as to the plan.
SAM_0301.JPG
SAM_0301.JPG (129.34 KiB) Viewed 203 times

stearne

Postby stearne » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:42 pm

Another little thing I did was to put a ring main around the inner edge underneath the layout because I'm not using a bus bar because all I need is a neg DCC to go back to the controller and a pos DCC where there are no detection etc, (small sidings) The detected circuits ( single wire pos) go back to the block detector panel which are numbered 1-40 also the ring main carries a 12v dc for lighting etc, There is a box under each board with 3 socket and plugs to feed that board.
SAM_0304.JPG
SAM_0304.JPG (113.99 KiB) Viewed 197 times
SAM_0305.JPG
SAM_0305.JPG (118.36 KiB) Viewed 197 times

stearne

Postby stearne » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:54 pm

Just an overview of the station and control panel, The space in between which is about 50 cm I'm thinking about putting a TMD yard which will come in from the inside of the right hand corner.
SAM_0306.JPG
SAM_0306.JPG (152.46 KiB) Viewed 196 times

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”