UppyDownyRoundyRoundyRailway

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Chops

Re: UppyDownyRoundyRoundyRailway

Postby Chops » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:11 am

Grand looking layout. As for your problem turnout it appears that you have correctly identified that it spans a joint.
As a rule of thumb, “thou shalt not place thy turnout undereth a mountain.” Able to shift the turn out placement?
Nessie rocks!

Stainsacre

Re: Constructive Efforts

Postby Stainsacre » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:42 am

NedFlanders wrote:For a number of years I have fancied doing something based on the Tees Wagon repair depot after I found it on a random search at one time

I grew up within walking distance of here, its amazing to think that this little shed replaced what was the massive Thornaby shed.
Dave

NedFlanders

Re: UppyDownyRoundyRoundyRailway

Postby NedFlanders » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:53 am

Chops wrote:Grand looking layout. As for your problem turnout it appears that you have correctly identified that it spans a joint.
As a rule of thumb, “thou shalt not place thy turnout undereth a mountain.” Able to shift the turn out placement?

Hi Chops,

Well noticed -it's less of a joint and more of just the next cork tile - but it is a smidgeon higher. The photo exaggerates it. I'm going to lift the point this weekend and see if it is distorted at the frog as the elevation change not evident on the running rail. Or perhaps some gremlin crept under the frog at tracklaying time.

If its just the slight difference between the tiles, a quick bit of sanding and we should be off to the next problem.

Thanks for the comment.

Ned.
Getting back into railways, one step at a time.
Ned's Workbench - https://tinyurl.com/y4jby73c
The UppydownyRoundyRoundyRailway - https://tinyurl.com/y6stelsr

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”