Goathland in 00

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
mikehextall

Goathland in 00

Postby mikehextall » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:03 pm

All,

I have finally converted my shed into a train room, its 5 feet wide and 7 feet long so plenty of room for a layout.

I have decided that on one side of the layout I am going to model Goathland station. Whitby has been a favourite holiday destination for many years, I proposed to my wife at the foot of Whitby Abbey, we spent our honeymoon in Whitby, both my son and daughter spent their first birthdays in Whitby and we have just yesterday returned from another holiday in Whitby. We have visited Goathland station on many occasions so feel it necessary to include it on my layout.

I plan to use the already existing models of the station but have been confused by a couple of differing versions, which one most accuraterly represents the station?

http://www.hattons.co.uk/282233/Bachmann_Branchline_44_012Z_U_Goathland_Station_Pre_owned_replacement_box/StockDetail.aspx
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/OO-Gauge-Hornby-Skaledale-R8629-Goathland-Station-Building/1547132887

Bufferstop

Re: Goathland in 00

Postby Bufferstop » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:20 pm

There are plenty of photos on Google Images, In the end it's your call as to which looks most like the real one to you. I doubt either are spot on for scale.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

b308

Postby b308 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:10 pm

RailwayRobbo

Postby RailwayRobbo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3oTYuSyd1A

Seen this layout a few times at shows.

Pete(RailwayRobbo)

Coopslner

Postby Coopslner » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:19 pm

I would say that the bachmann scenecraft station building and the NER hornby coal drop and NER goods shed would be the best combination. I did a model of goathland some years ago now which I have now sold and the bachmann building wasn't available in the early 2000s so I scratch built the bits not produced.

These are two pics of what I did with the original hornby skaledale release.

Cheers

Coops
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (110.12 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (128.61 KiB) Viewed 1037 times
Derby Friargate GN

mikehextall

Postby mikehextall » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Coopslner wrote:I would say that the bachmann scenecraft station building and the NER hornby coal drop and NER goods shed would be the best combination. I did a model of goathland some years ago now which I have now sold and the bachmann building wasn't available in the early 2000s so I scratch built the bits not produced.

These are two pics of what I did with the original hornby skaledale release.

Cheers

Coops

What a beautiful model, this will certainly bring a lot of inspiration

mjb1961

Postby mjb1961 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:50 am

Hi ,,,,,,I received yesterday the Bachmann set ,,,the main building and the two end extensions,,,they are very nice ,I'm not sure about accuracy but a photo on the box shows the main building having a chimney stack on the front as well as each gable end and Bachmann have included this ,,,but the hornby one doesn't ,,,I think there will be discrepancies with both makes ,,,hope you get the models you want ,,mjb

mikehextall

Postby mikehextall » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:06 pm

mjb1961 wrote:Hi ,,,,,,I received yesterday the Bachmann set ,,,the main building and the two end extensions,,,they are very nice ,I'm not sure about accuracy but a photo on the box shows the main building having a chimney stack on the front as well as each gable end and Bachmann have included this ,,,but the hornby one doesn't ,,,I think there will be discrepancies with both makes ,,,hope you get the models you want ,,mjb

Where did you get it from?

mjb1961

Postby mjb1961 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:18 am

mikehextall wrote:
mjb1961 wrote:Hi ,,,,,,I received yesterday the Bachmann set ,,,the main building and the two end extensions,,,they are very nice ,I'm not sure about accuracy but a photo on the box shows the main building having a chimney stack on the front as well as each gable end and Bachmann have included this ,,,but the hornby one doesn't ,,,I think there will be discrepancies with both makes ,,,hope you get the models you want ,,mjb

Where did you get it from?

Hi ,,,very sorry for the delay in replying,,,it was on eBay ,,the seller was selling off his late fathers collection ,,,,

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”