The Herefordshire and Worcestershire Railway, after some advice page 2

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
ErlestokeManor7812

The Herefordshire and Worcestershire Railway, after some advice page 2

Postby ErlestokeManor7812 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:49 pm

Afternoon guys!

No real progress on the layout since the last update, just a couple of new locos, some new little accessories etc
Now I am after some scenery tips, what's the best company to get scenery from? I have been using javis and I will be completely honest, it's far too cheap and fake, I don't feel it has the effect that it should have. So after the best company for grass, hedges, trees and tarmac really.
Next bit of advice I'm after is on dcc....having had a hornby elite previously I wasn't happy with it's performance so went back to dc, I am now looking at going back to digital.... which controllers and chips would you recommend?

Thanks in advance fellow modellers!

Kenny

TimberSurf

Re: The Herefordshire and Worcestershire Railway, after some advice page 2

Postby TimberSurf » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:32 pm

Have a look at my links for scenery, Woodland scenics seems to be a go too, I am beginning to make my own with foam, but you can't beat static grass!
I use NCE for DCC, but there are many to choose from Links here, the only one that is not recommended is the one you have! :lol: Chips? Lais is the cheapest, but many more are very good, if you want more features, solid performance,etc, look at Lenz or Zimo
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

ErlestokeManor7812

Postby ErlestokeManor7812 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:09 am

Cheers for that! Will look into woodland scenics!

Kenny

heda

Postby heda » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:56 pm

I agree with Timbersurf regarding scenery, Woodland Scenics, they also do You Tube landscaping tutorials. Static grass, I buy various shades and lengths on ebay and mix as I go along. If you want really long/rough grass you could try hanging basket liner.
Dave

Michaelaface

Postby Michaelaface » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:29 pm

I recommended the Digikeijs stuff for DCC, one of the more affordable companies and very versatile, doesn't come with a controller, but you can use almost any hand held one from any other manufacturer, or as I do, use your phone and or computer to control the trains

depends what you want to do with DCC really

Chops

Postby Chops » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:56 am

Delightful!
I don't care what they say. I believe in Nessie.

Chops

Postby Chops » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:00 am

Enjoying a second look at this fine layout. I particularly enjoy the three ladder passenger station at the top, and the way in which the
fiddle yard cleaves in two in the centre. I've seen a few (thousand) American layouts and have never seen anything done like this.
I don't care what they say. I believe in Nessie.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”