Shedford - OO Gauge Shed Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
IanM558

Re: Shedford - OO Gauge Shed Layout

Postby IanM558 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Not much progress in the last month or so.

I've got the twin oval down and am able to run trains around successfully however now I think I should have planned a bit better and worked out what I wanted more than just throwing an oval down and seeing what happened.

The whole thing nearly got ripped up during my lunch hour today but now I've calmed down I think I will still keep the ovals in situ for the minute but instead of trying to figure out where to join the sidings, etc to the ovals I will lay the sidings then adjust the running lines to suit. This might make a more interesting layout in the long run? I can also add my canal scene somewhere :)

I did buy my first loco for the best part of 25 years, the Hornby Railroad 'Hall' which I'm very happy with even though now I need to add a damn turntable to the layout! :P

ImageHornby Helmingham Hall by Ian, on Flickr

Anyway, onwards and upwards!
OO Gauge layout in the shed - "Shedford"
Construction - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=50500
https://www.flickr.com/photos/imulford/

IanM558

Postby IanM558 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:48 pm

Absolutely no further progress due to my plans to rip the whole thing up and start again!

Although I did buy a bridge :)

Bachmann Rail Over Road Bridge by Ian, on Flickr

It does say rail over road bridge but I'm probably going to use it to span a canal.
OO Gauge layout in the shed - "Shedford"
Construction - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=50500
https://www.flickr.com/photos/imulford/

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi Ian, that approach was first described about 60 years ago by non other than CJ Freezer he of all the books of plans and one time editor of Railway Modeller. At the time he had just moved into a house close enough to Peco and big enough for his young family. He put up acres of boards in his loft and put in a double circuit of track. He used the predecessor of Streamline which came as a web of sleepers on which rails were fastened down with hook ended spikes. He then worked on features like stations, goods yards and MPDs, then when he was happy with them slewed the tracks to connect up with them. How close to completion it came we never heard, it doesn't do for the editor to feature his own layout, and I'm sure he would have wanted to rebuild when Streamline arrived.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”