Brockbank mainly Southern

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Ken Shabby

Mainly Southern and now named BROCKBANK

Postby Ken Shabby » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:23 pm

After 5 years and much indecision the layout now has a name, Brockbank. The name is taken from the motoring cartoonist Russell Brockbank,
I was a huge fan of his cartoons when I was a lad.
Since the last update I have been working on the scenery at the other end of the layout. as always these's still a lot of tidying to do and I've just noticed the front wheel of the Terrier are derailed.

octupdateterrierderailed.jpg

This low relief house overlooks the good yard, It's made from the back half of a Superquick shop with various bits out of the scrap box added. The cars are all old diecast models from the 60's. I also use modern Oxford diecast models and try not to park them next to each other.
octupdatehouse.jpg

Finally another view of the layout showing the road bridge , the other side of which is the fiddle yard. It can't be seen in this shot, but I've modelled a small section of the embankment on the other side of the bridge. This can be seem when you look under the bridge , so that you don't just seen the bare board of the fiddle yard. A lot more scenic work is still required to try and hide the corners of the hardboard back scene
ocrupdate1.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Ken Shabby

Brockbank mainly Southern

Postby Ken Shabby » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:20 pm

There's little to report since the last update in November Some of the spot lights in the loft have stopped working and until I can get an electrician to look at them not much can be done up there after about 4pm. The spot lights were put in when the previous owners had the loft converted in the mid 90's and I'm hoping it won't be too expensive to repair replace them.
Trains are still running at least a couple of times a week and the scenery in one corner of the layout in nearly complete except for some tidying up of the ballast. The MLV in the photo had it's first run for about 3 years this afternoon. It seemed a bit hesitant at first but soon settled down.

Ken

mlvjan21.jpg

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”