St. Blazey's - My first layout - Stage 3 Building

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
End2end

Re: St. Blazey's - My first layout - Stage 3 Building

Postby End2end » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:04 pm

So where are we up to?
The control panel has not yet arrived. I did manage to purchase the Langley road over bridge which I will use as the former to make a mould but layout funds have reached basically zero at the moment and I will need to wait to buy the RTV Silicone.

I've also purchased a single sheet of Linka windows for £1.50, a Trix HO/OO wheel cleaner that's hopefully better than the Tidy Track version for my older loco's for £8.10, a bundle of model railway dvd's to watch and the long screwdriver I needed for the point motor in limited access space which has now been properly secured under the baseboard.

Everything's basically on hold on the main layout build for the moment until I receive the control panel to work on and then start wiring it up to the layout.
I have dug out my Dart Castings A22 Donkey and L44 Farm tip cart, washed and fettled it ready to start building. I will use superglue to stick it together but I haven't actually built it yet. It's going to be a little cameo from a book we've read so I need to make sure I get the colours right according to the book. :D
I think that's it for now.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread

End2end

Postby End2end » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:56 pm

Here is the Dart Castings Donkey and Farm cart kit now completed.
I won't weather it as, according to the book from where the original idea came from, it gets a bright new sky blue paint job and "Darkie" gets a new set of red reins.
DonkeyCart1sm.jpg

DonkeyCart3sm.jpg

I still need to add an adventurous old woman, a seat for her to sit on in the cart and a cat but I haven't decided which yet from the set I have.

And on that note, Marley the Station Master's Cat has a new apprentice!
Archie.JPG

ARCHie. :mrgreen:
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building

Dublo

Postby Dublo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:41 pm

You've done a nice job on the Donkey and Cart End2.
Aha a new Furry Controller learning the ropes. Its a wonder ours still has all his nine lives persistently interfering with Scalpels, Soldering Irons, Knitting Needles etc.

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Adventurous old woman, MMmmm I wonder if the wife would do ?

This hobby is full of never ending options.

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:21 pm

Such a cute little cat!

That donkey reminds me of the replica one that used to be outside the Waterville Inn just up the road but it's cart (a real one, the donkey is fibreglass I think) is red or orange. Looks great though.

Alex

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"

End2end

Postby End2end » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:21 pm

Thanks for the comments members. :)
The control panel finally arrived and I have been painting it before cutting any holes or adding any electronics.
A couple of more purchases, the Hornby year book No.3, a pack of 2 DETAIL MATTERS old road sign posts and a Trix 00 wheel cleaner.
I also got a letter from the tax man with an almost £3800 refund. BONUS! :lol:
That should cover the cost os other things I want to buy at moment including the silicon I need to make the bridge mould I want.
I think that's it for the moment. Back to running some trains. :arrow: :mrgreen:
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building

Peterm

Postby Peterm » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:43 am

Begging letter on it's way. :wink:
Pete.

PinkNosedPenguin

Postby PinkNosedPenguin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:15 am

End2end wrote:I also got a letter from the tax man with an almost £3800 refund. BONUS! :lol:

Wow, a nice sum indeed :D. I'm hoping for a small refund from last year as I reduced my hours partway through the financial year, but not expecting that much unfortunately!!!

End2end

Postby End2end » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:08 pm

I't's almost a life mantra PNP. "Work a little, earn a lot" No I'm not a bank robber. :lol:
I've completed the painting of the new control panel in brown and cream but want to varnish it too before committing any plan or components to it.
I've ordered a can of Army Painter matt varnish for my vehicles to take shine down on them and also a couple of 3D printed old style wheelbarrows and have also revisited the RTV Silicone website wondering whether I should buy 1Kg for the bridge mould I want to create instead of my initial thinking of 500g. I'd rather have more than I need. I also need to find a suitable container to make the mould in but there's no rush as I won't need the bridges for a while yet.

I think that's all for the moment. I'm off out into the sun. :D
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”