Table Top N gauge layout - Lammas Lane

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Mountain

Re: Table Top N gauge layout - Now Named...

Postby Mountain » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Ooh. A cool little layout. Well done.

TimberSurf

Postby TimberSurf » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:51 pm

I think you're brave doing fiddly third rails in N! But then I am a confirmed OOist with a hankering for O gauge! :lol:
Personally I think the backscene needs something, it just strikes me as "bare". It was a great layout to start with and can only get better as you add detail.
Lumsdonia <--- Hit link to go to my website for full story and wiring advice!

jamest

Postby jamest » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi,

Great to see the layout developing - your plans for the rails looks fiddley!

All the best,
James

OliverSR

Re: Table Top N gauge layout - Lammas Lane

Postby OliverSR » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Time for another layout update

I have been acquiring various parts to further detail the layout to my satisfaction. The people and most of the vehicles are from small bags of second hand parts from shows and traders. The lamps were bought from P&D Marsh and brush painted into what I feel is a suitable grey/concrete shade of mundane.
7B5941E0-A491-442D-A31E-C9222AE4A3D6.jpeg

The buildings also feature chimney pots from the same manufacturer these were firstly painted terracotta then painted with thinned acrylic before some of the paint being blogged off to achieve a nicely weathered look. On the computer I have made paper overlays to rebranded the bank and changed the cinema signage.
DF5E359B-5FF9-4580-AA21-C31F8790B406.jpeg

The bus shelter was redone with Glue N Glaze which I can’t believe I’ve modelled without so long it’s a great addition for glazing. Also the bus stop sign has similar decals printed and glued on. Finally the poster has been removed and a miniature Lammas Lane station sign created. I plan to add a tube map and posters under the bridge along with a station bench to be visible when there isn’t a train in the way(If anyone has a leftover N Gauge station platform bench from a pack please PM me as I would happily buy it for you rather than buy myself a full pack for only one).
78F5DAA6-CC11-41DC-8FBF-60315985158E.jpeg

I have acquired some T Gauge rail for the next area I’m focusing on, the line side. I will hopefully add 3rd and 4th rail using the technique I experimented with on an earlier test however other track details I want to add is a dummy point motor(if anyone has a couple of spare n gauge line side cabinets also please PM me as I’m after a couple of these without buying a large pack also j which I have got hold of a peco one to use. I plan to use fine wire to make the characteristic London Underground cable runs along the trackside and I intend to add a signal to control access to the single track section for trains on the inner loop coming out the station. The signal can then be linked to the point to switch to work automatically. I will hopefully copy the metal rod technique used on the fiddle-yard point.

Anyway that’s all for now but just to show that in over a year it has made progress in some ways.
OliverSR

PinkNosedPenguin

Postby PinkNosedPenguin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Street scene looks excellent - and a very apt film of course :D
Do you intend to improve the realism further with some weathering, esp of the road vehicles?

OliverSR

Postby OliverSR » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:02 pm

PinkNosedPenguin wrote:Street scene looks excellent - and a very apt film of course :D
Do you intend to improve the realism further with some weathering, esp of the road vehicles?

I think that’s certainly on the to do list to either weather or repaint the vehicles from the garish plastic colours of some or the cheaper ones(how many bright yellow, red and blue cars were there in real life that weren’t at least very faded :lol:)
The immediate focus will now move down to working on the track and trackside however.
OliverSR

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”