The Saratoga Railroad Company, On30

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Lofty

Postby Lofty » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:00 am

Ich verstehe nicht, Ich bin ein Tourist :?

Lofty

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:18 pm

"Bozje moy, etta otch'yen harra-sho', tak djel'yeznaya doroga!"

About as near as I can get it in Russian without using the right alphabet :wink:

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:19 pm

Infrontcat wrote:"Bozje moy, etta otch'yen harra-sho', tak djel'yeznaya doroga!"

About as near as I can get it in Russian without using the right alphabet :wink:

очень хорошо Tim 8)

Lofty

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:33 pm

S'basi-ba, tovarish Lofty. :)

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

dr5euss

Postby dr5euss » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:29 pm

Uhhh, Deutsch, bitte :roll:

I have ruined the wagons trying to do some more soldering, despite getting new tips. Me and soldering just don't get on :(

I was mightily annoying so I spent 10 quid of my Christmas money on 8 fluid ounces of Gorilla Glue off eBay - if I can't solder the damn thing then I'll glue it with the strongest substance known to man :P

I might buy a pillar drill too, as it should come in handy soon :idea:

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:04 am

Ich kann löten, und sprechen Sie Deutsches :wink:

Uncle Lofty

(I hope it says: I can solder, and speak German :lol: )

Mitzibitzi

Postby Mitzibitzi » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:13 am

It does, but ever German technician I've ever met uses 'Solder', though pronounced more like 'Zoldur', same as we do. Seems to be one of those English words that has migrated into German and stuck there.

The one I really hate is that section of American society that insists on saying 'Soder' and 'Sodering', even though there's a bloody 'L' in it. The number of training videos I had to sit through during RAF training with that pronunciation almost drove me mad.
What's that switch do? Oh! Is it supposed to smoke like that?

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:25 am

Mitzibitzi wrote:It does, but ever German technician I've ever met uses 'Solder', though pronounced more like 'Zoldur', same as we do. Seems to be one of those English words that has migrated into German and stuck there.

The one I really hate is that section of American society that insists on saying 'Soder' and 'Sodering', even though there's a bloody 'L' in it. The number of training videos I had to sit through during RAF training with that pronunciation almost drove me mad.

Its because they are ignorant asshoes :wink: We coudn't, woudn't and therefore, shoudn't have words with silent 'l's as this will only cause them more confusion. Have you heard the sow's ear they make of simple London destinations, like Leicester Square (Lee-eye-sester),Grosvenor Road (Gross-veenor) not forgetting the people who evidently keep their money at the "glau-sester" and "Wer-chester" Building Society. Jesus....

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

dr5euss

Postby dr5euss » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:56 pm

I'm making a new point today.

I spent a couple of hours drawing a point out to scale first (minus check rails), and I've copied it several times. Then I'll stick it to the baseboard, using a grinder to get the rails right and then spike them all down.

Fingers crossed :)

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:02 pm

dr5euss wrote:I'm making a new point today.

So what's new :lol:

Seriously though, the sketch looks top dog 8)

Uncle Lofty

NKP 779

Postby NKP 779 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:27 pm

We think you guys talk funny too. 8)

and it's aluminum al..ooo...min...um :P

Gladders

Postby Gladders » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:37 pm

Nice, am always amazed by the people who scratch build things :) wish i had the patience to do it.

btw off topic but Mitzibitzi, am in the RAF too, supplier based at Waddington
Marc

Up the Mariners!
My Layout

dr5euss

Postby dr5euss » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:56 pm

Gladders wrote:Nice, am always amazed by the people who scratch build things :) wish i had the patience to do it

Well it's either this or schoolwork... :)

I've got the out rails laid and filed (I cheated and used a grinder :oops: ), it's going okay 8)

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:33 pm

Gladders wrote:Nice, am always amazed by the people who scratch build things Smile wish i had the patience to do it.

I think it takes as much time and patience to scratch build as it does to kit build, you also can build it to suit your layout.

Like your ideas George keep it up, you have a good bit of inspiration for myself and others.

dr5euss

Postby dr5euss » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:35 pm

I only knocked the wagon down the hatch as I needed it to check the guard rail :roll:

Now one axle is bent :( Still, gives me an excuse if the point doesn't work :lol:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”