Tilley Yard South, Chicago, Winter 1956

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
SR/ScR Fan

Re: Tilley Yard South, Chicago, Winter 1956

Postby SR/ScR Fan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Good morning all. Having just completed the Wakefield show, I came to a rather sad conclusion.

I simply did not enjoy running the layout. I have become simply bored of it.

But this stems from much bigger problems in my life. My mental and physical health, my crippling debt, my lack of drive and enthusiasm for the subject and more responsibilities and less time at home.

So, after I have completed Warley, the layout will be sold, as will the rolling stock and I will be walking away from the hobby for a while.

Thank you to everyone who has guided me and helped me over the last 3 or 4 years.

whynot

Postby whynot » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Rob, this remains my favourite layout, so sad to see it end. But rest of life and especially health takes precedence, so I don't doubt that you are doing the right thing. PM me with signposts when you come to sell?

My very best wishes for the future, modelling or otherwise.
dave j
Works End 0 16.5
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49336

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:05 pm

I'll try to find you at Warley, some time Sunday.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Dave

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:56 am

SR/ScR Fan wrote:So, after I have completed Warley, the layout will be sold, as will the rolling stock and I will be walking away from the hobby for a while.

I note on your website that you were going to some shows in 2018, I take it that you have withdrawn from them :?:

nickbrad

Postby nickbrad » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:19 am

I'm sad to see you not not owning this layout anymore, but completely understand your reasons for selling. It would be good if you can keep hold of one or 2 items of rolling stock, for when you're in a better place and can return to the hobby, but that of course is a personal decision.

Thank you for the pleasure you have given me with this layout, (and your other unfinished project,) hopefully I shall still see you at TVNAM next year as a fellow spectator.

SR/ScR Fan

Postby SR/ScR Fan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Thanks for all the kind words chaps. All future exhibitions have been cancelled for both layouts.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”