changes

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
hedgefordpete

changes

Postby hedgefordpete » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:30 pm

hi.
err. plan number 5. ? my track is so worn out with all the changes that i am having to replace a lot of it. points are also messed up and i have had to reset all the points as trailing. that solved some of the jumping. one of my locos ran into the rear of a stationary goods train and is now dead.
are hornby and bachman couplings compatible , or will they lock up on curves and create a derailment . i have split them up into separate trains, and try more test runs.
regards, pete. :roll:

nickbrad

Re: changes

Postby nickbrad » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:51 pm

All tension lock couplings are designed to be compatible, there may be an issue with height differences, but that won't affect you on corners, only a possible issue with automatic uncouplers.

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 pm

I'd disagree on the compatibility of Tension lock couplers. The old large Hornby tensionlock will couple with the narrower version originally introduced by Bachmann, but the length of the hook causes it to ride over the side of the loop on the narrower coupler on bends then cause a derailment when they straighten out. By the time I'd weeded out the last of my old Hornby wagons with the overscale buffer height it only left a couple of locos so I just removed the hooks from them now it's all slim line.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

hedgefordpete

Postby hedgefordpete » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:05 am

thanks for the information, i have had my suspicions regarding the couplings. if i keep all the couplings the same on a train i find i can reverse it around the layout without a problem. so i will build trains up all with the same couplings,

i have an hornby six axle coach that will jump the track no matter where i place it on a train or running solo. i have removed the middle axle from both bogies and the problem as stopped. strange.

regards, pete. :D

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”