My New Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
MOHAAPlayer

My New Layout

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:55 pm

I am back! I got a new layout for my birthday, parts of it will be redone, some of it wont be, and the layout will be cut in half so I can use it more easily than it is now because it needs two people to get out and set up right now and I don't have the track to get a train around it!

Here are some pics
Yes it is not set up, can't right now. And yes, I will be redoing the grass and some of the fences and I also will be doing up some other places.

Also, a new loco, don't know if it runs and don't know where the tender is, also don't know if there is one!
It's a King Charles II and running number is 6009.

MOHAAPlayer

Re: My New Layout

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:43 am

Okay, no post but some views, well I have gotten the layout out and I have taken some pics of it:
This is a sideways view of the layout, I wont be using that track since that track don't fit since it is HO wide, not OO wide!
This is another pic, it shows my 08 and I think jinty and some of my coaches, and most of my goods stock, and my GWR 6009 loco only, no tender!
This shows the rest of my coaches.
This is a close up of my GWR 6009.
Also, this layout did not come with any track on it!

MOHAAPlayer

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:23 am

MOHAAPlayer wrote:Okay, no post but some views, well I have gotten the layout out and I have taken some pics of it:
This is a sideways view of the layout, I wont be using that track since that track don't fit since it is HO wide, not OO wide!
This is another pic, it shows my 08 and I think jinty and some of my coaches, and most of my goods stock, and my GWR 6009 loco only, no tender!
This shows the rest of my coaches.
This is a close up of my GWR 6009.
Also, this layout did not come with any track on it!

Well, I can't find the edit button...
It's got two loops but by the station it goes to one track, I will be sorting that out soon! And does anyone have a Lima GWR 6009 Tender, I have no idea if my one is loco driven or tender driven!
EDIT: I just found the edit button, on THIS post!

Notroh

Postby Notroh » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:22 am

Well you have lots to keep you busy!

It will be interesting to see how it develops over time so keep the pics coming as the work continues.

Best of luck with it
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=50617#p620337
French N, too much fun!

MOHAAPlayer

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks! I will be getting some flexi-track soon so I can make at least one loop! Also, does anyone know a good way to remove old ballast?

flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Postby flying scotsman123 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:40 pm

MOHAAPlayer wrote:Thanks! I will be getting some flexi-track soon so I can make at least one loop! Also, does anyone know a good way to remove old ballast?

Warm soapy water normally does the job.
"listen carefully, i shall say this only once"

MOHAAPlayer

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 am

flying scotsman123 wrote:
MOHAAPlayer wrote:Thanks! I will be getting some flexi-track soon so I can make at least one loop! Also, does anyone know a good way to remove old ballast?

Warm soapy water normally does the job.

Ok, thanks! I now have enough flexi track and set-track to make a loop! Also found a Model Railway club in my area!

MOHAAPlayer

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:48 am

Got my track pins for flexi, what is a good thing to cut the track with?

Ex-Pat

Postby Ex-Pat » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:01 am

These are generally acknowledged to be the best:

http://xuron.com/index.php/main/consumer_products/3/13

Many good models shops stock them and of course mail order will give you a good choice of suppliers. Sometimes an exhibition trader may have them.

KevSR

Postby KevSR » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:06 am

I use a Xuron track cutter, found it to be the easiest way. Good model shops sell them or you can find them online, about £10 if I remember rightly. You can also use a Dremel multi-tool with a cutting disc attached (although this is expensive), or a good old junior hacksaw.

alex3410

Postby alex3410 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:18 am

KevSR wrote:I use a Xuron track cutter, found it to be the easiest way. Good model shops sell them or you can find them online, about £10 if I remember rightly. You can also use a Dremel multi-tool with a cutting disc attached (although this is expensive), or a good old junior hacksaw.

I have tried all three options and the Xuron cutters are by far the best option - a little expensive but a really useful tool!

MOHAAPlayer

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:57 pm

1: How much does one cost
2: I don't have a lot of money, I would like it to be something I would have, I think I may go find one of my dads hacksaws, or is there anything better than that, that my dad should have? I think there is a jigsaw around here somewhere!

alex3410

Postby alex3410 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:32 pm

I think mine where £15 from local model shop - if you look online should be cheaper

Jigsaw is probably a bad idea, a junior hacksaw would be the only thing he may have that would do it but it will take time it's worth investing in the track cutters - there are cheap generic ones on eBay to watch out for but they are not as durable or as good quality but may get the job done but in my opinion it's false economy as you will end up having to replace them allot sooner then the branded ones - I know as I had to :lol:

whynot

Postby whynot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:03 am

That is some renovation job!

Don't understand "that track don't fit since it is HO wide, not OO wide!" - same gauge (distance between the rails) surely?

Good luck!
dave j
Works End 0 16.5
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=49336

MOHAAPlayer

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:13 am

Well, my track don't fit in where it is meant to!

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”