The outcast workbench thread

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
outcastjack

Re: The outcast workbench thread

Postby outcastjack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:57 am

Thankyou again lots of generic samey bits have been done recently which I shall not bother to post until something more interesting has been created.

However I have done a little work on detailing the interiors of some vehicles for Rayners Lane, the majority of those from the first attempt at the layout are Carrarama 1:72nd which at the time were pretty good but have the obvious scale problem and were also mostly left hand drive, back at that time (about 7 years ago) the Oxford diecast models were pretty dire and as a result I do not have many but their more recent models are very good and even better right hand drive.

Here I am showing a carrarama Range Rover and Oxford Taxis and a Transit I have painted the interiors but they still need passengers and exterior work.

Taxi (LTI TX4)
the plastic colour was not ideal so the whole lot was painted a dark grey similar to the carpet colour in the real thing

The painted interior

Transit
This was kept very simple and to maintain the "plasticky" look of the grey facia only bits which are not grey in the example that was sat on my street yesterday were painted, a take away coffee cup and a newspaper were also added

Range Rover
The carrarama interiors are made of many more bits than the oxford one so needed a bit more dissasembling

All of the bits painted

Dash reassembled

full interior

The cars lined up
Above all its a Rover.

http://www.pendonmuseum.com
or visit my layout.
or my other models.

outcastjack

Postby outcastjack » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:55 am

I haven't done any modelling for a while so decided to ease back in with something small.
Concept 2 have produced a fantastic machine with which all rowers have a complex and dysfunctional relationship. It essentially reproduces perfectly all of the unpleasant parts of rowing a boat. it is however essential for training and amazingly good exercise for non rowers normal people.
I realised that I could justify a rest day to myself and do that tiny bit of modelling I wanted by making a mini one.

As always, 4mm scale

it was really fun to make and took three episodes of murder in paradise, I am now wondering if I can fit a rowing club in one of my layouts with a row of these and a few racks of boats.

so:
the main parts are two beams, one an I-beam 18mm long and the other square section 15mm long (both are just less than 2mm x 2mm in section)
Posted Image

basic foot plates attached

The two halves joined and legs made up from bits of styrene.

Starting to actually look like a rowing machine (the fan case is a small section of paint brush handle)

Closer still to finished, coloured with Humbrol #33 and a silver sharpy, yet more styrene strip added.

Finished
Above all its a Rover.

or visit my layout.
or my other models.

outcastjack

Postby outcastjack » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:09 am

So after many nomadic years of uni (and a while afterwards) I have a house and as of this morning the railway room (loft) has lighting and power. the hope therefore is that a layout will spring up one I have sorted flooring etc.

the first layout to go in will be the reincarnation of my Rayners Lane layout. this is a sneak preview of the first building specifically made for this second attempt.

it is my fist attempt at a styrene building, and so far I am loving it, although it is more expensive than card.

If the floor building goes well rather than my usual glacial pace then I might enter the corner modelling challenge.
Above all its a Rover.

or visit my layout.
or my other models.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”