Potential New N Gauge Tour

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
joshing_man

Potential New N Gauge Tour

Postby joshing_man » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Following on from the last one that petered out there is a small swell of interest in a new one. Mad Mack may be the instigator but ideas welcome to be discussed by the N-Gaugers. Then the thread can be re-titled and a controlled and smaller tour got underway.

The below few posts came from a discussion on that thread:

Anyone can start a tour - just need a wagon or coach, a design and something to set it apart maybe. The organiser should keep interested and stay on top of it (without being a dictator) and I would recommend a maximum of 10-15 participants and preferably those who are showing a real active interest.

If anyone wants to do it just start a new thread and I can make it a sticky post to keep it at the top of the board. Not having an N Gauge layout I won't keep tabs on it but will look in out of interest as it goes along.

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

Stressed? Fight My Brute! MyBrute

markh

Re: Olympic Tour-N gauge version. Now On Tour!

Postby markh » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:26 pm

may be intrested in starting a new tour could you use contaionrs and a spine wagon seeing as weve had box vans and coaches but ill have a look and see what trucks i lend to the tour

mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS

Tiddles

Postby Tiddles » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:27 pm

madmack wrote:may be intrested in starting a new tour could you use contaionrs and a spine wagon seeing as weve had box vans and coaches but ill have a look and see what trucks i lend to the tour

mark

That may work but remember that some people may have very tight corners on there N gauge layouts.
The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, “Linking 13 Great States With The Nation.”

markh

Postby markh » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Tiddles wrote:
madmack wrote:may be intrested in starting a new tour could you use contaionrs and a spine wagon seeing as weve had box vans and coaches but ill have a look and see what trucks i lend to the tour

mark

That may work but remember that some people may have very tight corners on there N gauge layouts.

true, what about some american box cars, i have some that i dont want, tried flogging them but maybe i could set them up 2/3 of them and a caboose car there short wheel base so they could work
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Hey guys, I'm just starting out in N, I took part in the last 00 tour with NormaV the coach, and I was wondering if there is a new tour would it be possible to get placed so that I am near the end of the tour so I have time to construct my layout a bit? Or as I am overseas would the tour have people placed in more geographical orders?

Alex

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"

Tiddles

Postby Tiddles » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:25 pm

madmack wrote:
Tiddles wrote:

mark

true, what about some american box cars, i have some that i dont want, tried flogging them but maybe i could set them up 2/3 of them and a caboose car there short wheel base so they could work

That would be a fantastic idea. Put me on the list if it happens :D

markh

Postby markh » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Tiddles wrote:
madmack wrote:
Tiddles wrote:

That would be a fantastic idea. Put me on the list if it happens :D

If i can find away of getting the vans done ill add you top of the list tiddles, unless some one wants to in a joint venture with the vans

mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Re: Potential New N Gauge Tour

Postby markh » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:10 pm

well I may start a tour this ember of a tour off, all are welcome.
I have some american boxcars and a caboose which im thinking of doing up then sending them of i may do there vans and the caboose call them TOM, DICK & HARRY and the caboose can be CHARLIE

im not sure what to add to the vans so if any one can point me in the right directions im think of doing TOM with the logo of NRM on, DICK to have the tour name on, and CHARLIE can be custom truck so every person in the tour can add some detail to it & CHARLIE can be the LEADER of the vans,

not sure on the colour scheme i have a tin of faded br blue which i may paint the trucks, but may do them a flourescent orange :D ill have a dig in my paints see what i can uncover, but id like some one if i can use the logo to make the transfers for the vans if possible or help me in how to make them

mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Postby markh » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 pm

here are the potentail vans for the potentail tour it would be a diffrence using american boxvans on a tour if any ones intrested i can repaint the vans in to a colour in a few weeks as i may have project non railway project to finsh for my dad which was started many years ago

mark
Attachments
SP_A2861.jpg
the potential vans
SP_A2861.jpg (188.25 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

Tiddles

Postby Tiddles » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:20 pm

We are exhibiting our micro layouts in High Wycombe in November and at Maidenhead in January so would be nice to have the waggons for then :D
My wife even has a nice little B&O doc tank to run with them 8)

markh

Postby markh » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:35 pm

[quote="Tiddles"]We are exhibiting our micro layouts in High Wycombe in November and at Maidenhead in January so would be nice to have the waggons for then :D
My wife even has a nice little B&O doc tank to run with them 8)[/quot

Nice little dead line for November,Tiddles, Id love to get the tour of & on its way by then still not decied on a colour scheme I want somethin diffrent, id toyed around with the idea of faded br blue and silver ends and black roofs, but there are two tins of magic paint which will make the them stand out, but for the custom van id like to leave blank so every one can add there own little bit to it simalar to adding stickers to your suitcase,

ill have a play around and see what i can come up with, but can some make the transfers for me

mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Postby markh » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:51 pm

I have some transfer made up on mirco soft word, would i be able yo use the NRM logo for the vans,

the vans will be called, TOM, DICK & HARRY the caboose will be called CHARLILE, and numbered MH1-4
they will have the logo on the top with 2013 NEW RAILWAY MODELERS TOUR on the base,
HARRY will be left blank apart from his name & number & anyone in the tour will be aloud to add there own little detail as a souvinor of the tour

mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

joshing_man

Postby joshing_man » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Graffiti on Charlie is a great idea (clean of course!).

Andrew
The Original Smiling Man With Train (SMWT):

Stressed? Fight My Brute! MyBrute

Tiddles

Postby Tiddles » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:55 pm

joshing_man wrote:Graffiti on Charlie is a great idea (clean of course!).

Andrew

Will there be enough space on a N gauge caboose :?

markh

Postby markh » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Tiddles wrote:
joshing_man wrote:Graffiti on Charlie is a great idea (clean of course!).

Andrew

Will there be enough space on a N gauge caboose :?

i woudlnt class it as graffiti, andrew, just suvoniers, buts its not charlie its harry, charlies the caboose tom dick and harry are the vans

and tiddles the caboose will just have his name and number on and the logo if i can use it, then its all hands to the pumps for a repaint and new identy

mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”