Grayholme - BrotherWolf's layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:40 pm

BrotherWolf,

Those tankers look excellent. The fiddle yard looks good, though can I just ask: are their only loco spurs on the inside for a reason? i.e. are they there as an 'off-scene' MPD?

As I say, not really a criticism, just an observation mate.

Cheers

Infrontcat
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

dynamite25

Postby dynamite25 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:45 pm

I got around having a fiddle yard by having a two level layout and hiding the fiddle yard under the main station,but still having access to the tracks from above by removable platforms aswell as at the side and not have to keep removing trains to put others on the layout.

BrotherWolf

Postby BrotherWolf » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:55 am

Good grief, I can't believe I haven't updated this for so long. It's also a bit depressing that progress seems to be so slow. Actually given the amount of time I have it's not going too bad, it's just that there isn't much to photograph.

Anyway here is a pic of the station platforms, they are very similar to some platforms in another "personal layout" thread but off the top of my head I can't remember which. The platforms may possibly be just long enough for a loco and seven MK1 coaches.

There will be another platform to the right but I need some more mdf and I'm concentrating on getting the fiddle yards at the back laid. The down line main sidings are done and once the up line sidings are done it'll be time to do the ballast.

As for the general appearance of the layout, it looks as though it will be dominated by the station. I'd rather there was more scenery but I guess it's all about compromise.

BrotherWolf

Postby BrotherWolf » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:59 am

Infrontcat wrote:The fiddle yard looks good, though can I just ask: are their only loco spurs on the inside for a reason? i.e. are they there as an 'off-scene' MPD

To be honest it's more an 'off-scene MPD'.....though I'm not sure if there will be room. It seems you can always fit more on a plan than you can on the real thing.

IrishRail

Postby IrishRail » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:42 am

Nice layout mate, Seven Mk1s on your platform! Im guessing three will be my standard but i might try and see if i could sneak four or five to work on it! But seven will look magnificant!

Best Regards.

MJ
It's time to take the train..

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:34 am

Hi Brotherwolf

Seems the wind has blown your tears away and let you get on with it...and I like what I see mate! Lovely stuff. Esp the class 4X diesel (can't tell which it is, but it looks like a 45 :roll: ). I've got an old Mainline one that is incredibly reliable and could pull a fully grown pig up a 1:60 slope if you pleaded and begged it to enough. Probably. Or at least several carriages!

Cheers mate

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

BrotherWolf

Postby BrotherWolf » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Infrontcat wrote:........Esp the class 4X diesel (can't tell which it is, but it looks like a 45 :roll: ).

Hi Tim

Actually I think it is a mainline 45! It was placed there more for scale......it needs some maintenance before going back into service.

Stu

peak

Postby peak » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:47 pm

Very nice.
I do have an interest in peaks and I will be watching this one with interest.
You are making great progress.
Not every layout has to be built in 5 mins!
After all it is a hobby so take your time and enjoy it!
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk

davek

Postby davek » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:43 pm

Nice curved platforms - very brave! Nice to see a Peak.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”