Ruby hills

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
RubyRubyRuby

Ruby hills

Postby RubyRubyRuby » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Over the past couple of years Been building a layout in loft of a modern house bit of a nightmare with a those timbers getting in the way .after one bodge attempt at trying to put the basebords high up at eye level ,but this made it impossible to do anything .so lowerd the level somewhat to make it easier to work and give more space for senic work . the layout consits of two circuits sort of like a branch and main line but not duble track using secondhand track .its a bit of bodge . Imagethe old set up now being rebuilt at a lower leavelImageImage

lozstlouis

Re: Ruby hills

Postby lozstlouis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:49 am

You've made a start and that's more than a lot of people do - it works so can't be that bad! You'll see from reading this forum that layouts get built in all sorts of challenging places so you're in good company threading yours around the joists & beams. Looking good!
OO in the loft. Lenz 90 making it go.

RubyRubyRuby

Postby RubyRubyRuby » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks for looking I moved all the baseboards down to a lower leval because I left with little room for scenary and the track was imposiable to work on. I will post pictures of as it is now when I find my camra.

carnehan

Postby carnehan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm

I am embarking on a loft layout in the next weeks and also have limited space between the rafters. Great to see others having the same access difficulties as myself. Makes you feel that you are not alone. I mean these comments as a compliment to your layout of course!!

RubyRubyRuby

Postby RubyRubyRuby » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:40 am

its been a long time . Iam back. for a better look I Have some videos on you tube under name LMS500

RubyRubyRuby

Postby RubyRubyRuby » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”