Attic 00 Gauge 12'x11' [new pics and vid 53, 05/04/08]

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Phipps

Postby Phipps » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:53 pm

I've got the 101 & bought it from a Buy It Now Offer (recommended to me by someone).
Have yet to run it(not even got a layout yet cos we're moving in 12 days time;I'll be starting a loft-effort myself) but a workpal of mine says it's a nice effort as he'd got one from the same dealer.
It'll be nice to have a grey-blue to go with the all-blue Hornby.
We used to have these running between Norwich & Sheringham & there's now an all-blue 101 2-car living at the NNR at Sheringham.
That explains a little about why I have a soft spot for these old beauties.

My apologies,by the way, for almost forgetting to compliment you on your remarkable layout efforts.Looks pretty magnificent,Michael.
I hope I can get as much done once mine gets started early next year.

Farken

Postby Farken » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:34 am

i saw those Kadee couplers at a open day today. Was pretty sweet, looks and operates much better than hornby's.

The couplers i saw today only uncoupled over a magnet if the train was fully stationary, otherwise the pull of the train kept it coupled. Means you can uncouple a specific carraige from the train quickly and easily.

Thinking i will incorporate them into any plans i make. I assume these are the same as yours mumbles

btw that animation pretty much sums up what i saw today, but much better seeing it for real.

class56

Postby class56 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:45 am

mumbles wrote:hi
sorry triple post.
a little progress on the panel..
a shot of the wiring!! just because i thought it was a nice photo :D
started fitting the leds, although having trouble with glue [see above]
i can't believe how long this is taking :( and i haven't even got it near the stage where i can start to connect it to the layout.
michael

i have never seen i control board to tidy

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:05 pm

hi
bit of an update for this thread
my other half and i have decided that we don't want to move at the moment as it would be expensive and would probably mean being less better off on a month by month basis
so that means the attic layout can either fester doing nothing.... screw that
or
i can forge ahead with it and do what i as going to do before i thought i might have to rip it all up due to a house move
so, i'm feeling a bit more motivated with it now

i've been doing the module which has been great fun and although it looks great i can't run a train on it and i don't have the stock it's designed for anyway, extra modules are in the pipeline but.. i'll keep that on the go and shift focus onto the attic big boy
which was a the stage of wiring up that ruddy control panel [seemed like such a good idea at the time!]
i also have lots of other plans for the loft-monster so will hopefully breathe a bit of life into this old thread now the milder weather has come
look out for a video of kadee coupling action in the near future and with any luck some advances on the control panel
also after having seen eaw458's layout i really wanna do things like get my goods shed in place and lit up
blah blah blah rambling now
michael

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:58 pm

here is the video of kadee couplers in action
not the most interesting but shows how smooth it is, unlike my train driving in the vid that is a bit jerky!

cheers
michael

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:36 pm

I hope this layout is starting to become as dexterousnesses as your module. It seem to be very hymenopterous at the minute.

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:40 pm

yes, thank you
i have ominipentiated it as much as consupaitalby bispunkdrawnessly
Last edited by mumbles on Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m.levin

Postby m.levin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:42 pm

Thats great to hear.

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:00 am

hi,

a wee vid.....
michael

[i am not affiliated with www.oo-levington.com lamps ]

peak

Postby peak » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:38 pm

Loverly little video there.
Panel looks good in the dark too!
Now all you have to do is bring this layout up to the standard that you have set with your module! (even if you do move house!)
2 trains, 2 railroad tracks, one going the other one coming back. Click Clack, Click Clack.
Regards
Andy

http://www.brblue.co.uk

mark_brody

Postby mark_brody » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:49 pm

mumbles wrote:hi
my other half and i have decided that we don't want to move at the moment as it would be expensive and would probably mean being less better off on a month by month basis

Absolutely, I agree after having finally moved, it's a nightmare, takes forever, costs a fortune and all the way along your railway has to be packed ready to move...

leon

Postby leon » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:49 am

well what can i say about your layout

its a monster alright it is the nuts my friend i wish mine will be half as good and i'd be very happy - i got up this morning and told myself to finish my own plan but now after seeing your plan i'm back to square one

its taken me all morning to look thru your entire thread but so many questions and answers explained and resolved has given me more ideas and i feel alot more confident to progress with my own plan now

i take my hat off to you and i will be studying your thread anytime i get stuck granted thats not all mumbles doing its the whole forums input but you get what i mean i hope

so to mumbles well done and thank you for sharing your loft

back to the drawing board for me for now

mumbles

Postby mumbles » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:51 pm

cheers leon, kind words

i feel it is heading for the lofty school of modelling though :-)

meanwhile i have a new arrival that got me up there for the first running session of the year
one word and one word only describes it

Superb!
michael

Raider

Postby Raider » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:09 pm

I have a feeling that new loco will look right at home on your module.

Chuffer Chuff

Postby Chuffer Chuff » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:58 am

That looks like a great loco! NSE livery too - one of my favorites!

Its one of the best loco's that Hornby have ever made in my opinion!

Keep up the great work! :wink:
"You only get one chance in life, so make the most of it!"

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”