Layout for my son - Eastfleet

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
paulh

Postby paulh » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:04 am

Ok, let me know how you get on.

paulh

Postby paulh » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:44 pm

I had a few spare minutes at lunch so had a play around with XTrkCAD and came up with this updated track plan.

It's pretty much accurate to what I want and I've edited it a bit to add a few features and labels. I've added a few extra sidings to the original plan as I managed to get a bit of a bargain on eBay of 12 virtually brand new PECO points for £23!

I'd be interested in peoples thoughts on where to position power feeds. They are currently on the left hand side of the track for bot lines. I'm buying a Morley Vector twin track controller which I think will be enough.

The Eckon signals to replace the crap Horny one arrived today too so that's another job for me to do!
Last edited by paulh on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

westbrom

Postby westbrom » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:57 pm

That's a good plan Paul, if anything it's better than the first one.

Neil

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:40 pm

Agreed Neil, though just a wee thought. Have you thought about swapping the direction of the crossovers? This way, a train departing from one of the bay platforms doesn't have to go all the way back round to the station before it goes to the outer circuit. Also, trains approaching on the outer circuit can crossover just before the sidings/bay entrance and stop just past the point before reversing. Otherwise, you end up having to go all the way round the back before you can reverse. You could use curved oints if it becomes a bit cramped :wink:

Cheers. Send me a PM or somat if I haven't explained it properly. :roll: And if you want, I'll see if I can find time to knock up a wee wiring diagram for you too :wink:

Tim
"Kashi-mashi, kashi-mashi..."

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

chrisalddin

Postby chrisalddin » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:13 pm

paulh wrote:Ok, let me know how you get on.

ok well just got back.....

the out come is even the man in the shop said that was BAD and outher 466 class them had and tested did the same.

at slow speed it Jurks like mad and if you was on that train you be sick!
at i speeds pass 75% power it runs well but, it FAST relay fast!!!!!!
to fast for a samll layout for me....

tray runing it at 10% to 30% power and you see what i am saying!
looks Grate runs like a cow.

i got my money back. i relay upset but it drive me madin the long run.
i got some more platforms instaed. i will have pics of them in there box's up on my layout post soon!

i hope this helps! but with that moter i only pay £30 not £75!!!!
it a hornby mass up! in my eyes.

edit.
tip you can see the power prolome by looking at the light on the loco at low speed you see them flashing. the fast it go's the fast the flass untell you hit about 75% power or 9V as in the shop daybefor we tested with a 9v batrey out on the realls and it sound ok but v9 is a fast tran!

paulh

Postby paulh » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:25 pm

I've updated the layout diagram above with points moved.

If you have the time, a wiring diagram would be great! That's one part I do not look forward too!! That and ballasting!

chrisalddin

Postby chrisalddin » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:54 pm

paulh wrote:I've updated the layout diagram above with points moved.

If you have the time, a wiring diagram would be great! That's one part I do not look forward too!! That and ballasting!

if you got the money for 2 more points. i put 1 more in next to the out side platform so that it can go on to the outher loop right out of the platform!

but that is me see what outher ppl think on that idea!

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:29 pm

paulh wrote:I've updated the layout diagram above with points moved.

Mate, I've gotta go out now. 'Hail' me if you don't get a reply tomorrow, cos I'll probably have forgotten....

Cheers

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

Class 60

Postby Class 60 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:28 pm

Thats a much better plan Paul 8)

paulh

Postby paulh » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:10 pm

Thanks.

We've come up with a name for the layout too, what do you think? :D

Infrontcat

Postby Infrontcat » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:28 pm

Like the name. If you don't mind Paul I'm gonna have a quick sketch on some paper and I'll get a basic wiring diagram for you later, if not tonight then deffo by tomorrow night.

Cheers mate

Tim

Moorcroft (St Anthonys)

paulh

Postby paulh » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:21 pm

Infrontcat wrote:I'm gonna have a quick sketch on some paper and I'll get a basic wiring diagram for you later, if not tonight then deffo by tomorrow night.

Thanks Tim, I'd apprciate that.

Spavo

Postby Spavo » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:24 pm

Very nice, lots of operational workings by the look of the plan, very good.

Gav.
Watford FC For Me Since 1976

live-frog

Postby live-frog » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:33 pm

Layout for my son

Nice title Paul - very innocent looking !!!!!
Good plan tho. and I hope your son enjoys it !!

paulh

Postby paulh » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:00 am

live-frog wrote:
Layout for my son

Nice title Paul - very innocent looking !!!!!
Good plan tho. and I hope your son enjoys it !!

I don't know what you mean! :D

He is enjoying it now. I know what the Motorway maintenance guys feel like now when they have to expand a road whilst traffic is still using it!

I bought the platform kit from Scalescenes.com last night so that will probably be one of my tasks for the weekend. Although I would also like to get all the pointwork laid too for the sidings and station extension.

I'm currently undecided what to do about track underlay. The front half of the double track has been ballasted (badly!) and I am not particularly pleased with it but with a bit more ballast it could probably be rescued. The back half has no underlay (cost-cutting measure as this was previously under the upper section!). Should I continue to put strips of cork tile under the rest of the track, or pull all of the current track and cork up and then just tile the whole board which would help with things like platform and bridge heights.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”