Motors Layout

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Motors

Postby Motors » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:29 pm

lol yup infrontcat

yeah me too class 60,i cant wait to get started again,am hoping to work on my track plans then roughly see where the scenery is going to go.

i think i mentioned, it's now basically going to be based of the track mats(possiably might change my mind again lol) two loops with more sidings,and the outer loop running through a tunnel, and the inner loop will be raised where the tunnel/hill is(if you know what i mean lol).
soon as i have some news i'll let you know :D

Steve

Motors

Postby Motors » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:54 am

Hi guys,i've not forgot about you lol.....

I have the industrial set now to go with my local caledonian set,the plan would be to have the caledonian running on the out loop in the countryside,and the industrial on the inner loop the town.
that is as far as i have got lol,theres no track plans for it as yet,infact really i have gone backwards as the board has been dismantled due to nowhere to store or use it,even though i'll end up out of pocket i am seriously considering selling it to finance moveing to N gauge to beable to build the layout i want,unless i can come upp with a cunnning plan to stay with what i have

Motors

Postby Motors » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:05 am

I have decided to take the bull by the horns lol, and have made a decision.....

i am going to stay with my oo scale instead of selling it all to finance switching to n gauge,it will mean having a smaller layout(yet unknown) than planed,but i think worth it in the long run.

it wont be static as i have nowhere i can have it up all the time,so first before nowing what size the layout can be ,i need to see where i am going to store it when not in use,how far it will have to be carried etc.

any ideas or suggestions are gladley welcomed(the loft is out of the question).

Steve

Motors

Postby Motors » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:29 pm

I got my board built this morning(now 6 x 3) and have started working on a new layout,this is what i have so far and is just a starting point.....

Steve

Motors

Postby Motors » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:45 pm

i have been working on my layout this morning and have now changed it lol,my son likes this one so far and thats good enough for me :D ......

At the right hand side will be hills with a tunnel for the outside track and the inside track will be slightly inclined on the hillside,to try and make the layout more interesting.....

I need two short straights to extend two of the sideings

i hope you like it so far,all ideas,suggestions welcomed and appreciated :D

Steve

boyofbears

Postby boyofbears » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:58 pm

is the outer loop not connected to the inner? and if it isnt will it stay that way?

bidaway it looks good :D
my imaginery friend thinks u have problems.......wait........
my layout viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17368 new!!!

Motors

Postby Motors » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:06 pm

nope boyofbears the two loops are not connected yet,i need another lefthand point then i will have the loops connected

thanks for the comment

Steve

boyofbears

Postby boyofbears » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:33 pm

ok, thanks for the quick reply!!!

how many locos do you have? :?:
my imaginery friend thinks u have problems.......wait........
my layout viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17368 new!!!

Motors

Postby Motors » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Just two at the moment both from the train sets the local caledonian and the industrial,when finances permit i will be getting a class 37 diesel loco

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”