It Now Begins Again

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
HARRYMALLARD

Re: It Now Begins

Postby HARRYMALLARD » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:17 pm

But can be a problem with a laptop! :lol:
My layouts:

Clicky here --> Image
Gasworks Lane micro layout

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:11 am

Not realy, just costs alot more to replace :lol: :lol:

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:25 pm

No update on layout, more like showing off my recently weathered 37 thanks to Jon at Peak Dale Works :D
Before

After
DSCN3878 (600 x 450).jpg
DSCN3878 (600 x 450).jpg (86.92 KiB) Viewed 2157 times

DSCN3877 (600 x 450).jpg
DSCN3877 (600 x 450).jpg (110.23 KiB) Viewed 2157 times

DSCN3876 (600 x 450).jpg
DSCN3876 (600 x 450).jpg (74.37 KiB) Viewed 2157 times

seanhellen

Postby seanhellen » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Very nice. Very subtle. I don't like it when models are over-weathered 8)

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:27 pm

Yea it does look excellent, he added a few extra details ie etched silver arrows and the scottie dog plates to cover the printed versions and few extra pipes with coloured ends as with weathering and all at a excellent price. Needless to say there will be a few more heading his way in the very near future including my 47 that will be getting personalised, watch this space. :wink:

Jon37686

Postby Jon37686 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Shaun Wilson wrote:Yea it does look excellent, he added a few extra details ie etched silver arrows and the scottie dog plates to cover the printed versions and few extra pipes with coloured ends as with weathering and all at a excellent price. Needless to say there will be a few more heading his way in the very near future including my 47 that will be getting personalised, watch this space. :wink:

I curtainly did matey the extra fine details make all the difference,

And totally agree with the weathering too to heavy ruins the loco! Real ones may of looked ok covered in crud but not in model form it ruins them and ruins the re-spray underneath too! :roll:

Loving the update btw chief very good and nice to see sweeping curves, try and make every curve as wide as possible as trains look crap on tight curves like on my layout its just no fun to see them bending round a tight curve!:(

Cheers, Jon.

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:09 pm

They certainly do, took a picture of her sitting next to my other 2 clean 37s and she makes them look out of place :lol:

Yea i tried to keep the curves as big as i could fit in, but the bottom left corner got a little tight its in between radius 2 and 3. ive made the main structure for my tunnel so will get pics up tonight, its just in skeleton form at the moment but plans are to use foam to build up the sides and front slope. :)

kinning

Postby kinning » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Nice big space to play with. All of the board easy to access?

seanhellen

Postby seanhellen » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Shaun Wilson wrote:Ive made the main structure for my tunnel so will get pics up tonight, its just in skeleton form at the moment but plans are to use foam to build up the sides and front slope. :)

You've started your tunnel???? Dam it that means Im gonna have to carry on with mine rather sharpish...cant have you overtaking me now can we? :lol:

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:38 pm

kinning wrote:Nice big space to play with. All of the board easy to access?

Yea, ive kept the track at arms reach with the furthest parts of the base board will be countryside scenics :)

seanhellen wrote:You've started your tunnel???? Dam it that means Im gonna have to carry on with mine rather sharpish...cant have you overtaking me now can we? :lol:

:lol: yea but you have most your track layed and working, :cry:

pictures of the tunnel, still got some work to do to finish it but i keep changing my mind on how i want it to look. :roll:

couldnt resist that last picture :D

seanhellen

Postby seanhellen » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:29 pm

well, keep at it Shaun, got the beginnings of a good looking and sturdy tunnel there. And I see you are taking on apprentice drivers already :lol:

GarrettTheThief

Postby GarrettTheThief » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:15 pm

That class 37 marked for coal distribution looks fabulous.
"Thanks for taking that personality test for me."
"I'm not sure you'll find it useful. I answered everything with a joke."
"Oh, it told me a lot. For instance, you're not funny."

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:01 am

seanhellen wrote:well, keep at it Shaun, got the beginnings of a good looking and sturdy tunnel there. And I see you are taking on apprentice drivers already :lol:

Layed some more track, got the first line into the maintenance depot done and the 2 lines for the container depot along with a couple of points to get from the outer loop to the inner, will add pictures tonight. Thats wee robbie, hes spends more time in the train room than me :lol:

GarrettTheThief wrote:That class 37 marked for coal distribution looks fabulous.

Yea that ones my favourite, had it pro weathered and detailed, looks perfect. Makes the other 2 look too clean :lol:

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:50 pm

picture update

Run off into maintenance yard

2 points added in, 1 more required

maintenance yard, this will have 4 lines in eventualy, the current line is 2 full lengths of peco flexi.

3 points added here, 2 for line change over and 1 for the container depot.

2 lines layed for container depot.

the area between the points and the centre hole im out of ideas for, have considered a forest with forestry workers cutting down some trees but think im clutching at straws with that idea. :lol:

overall still have the inner loop to finish and join up the container depot lines then 3 more lines into the maintenance yard.

so far ive went thru a whole box of peco track and think i will need atleast 1 more box to finish the track work

seanhellen

Postby seanhellen » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 am

Excellent progress there mate. Quick question, did you keep the sleepers that you removed from the ends of the flexi track? If you take a file to the chairs and flatten them out a little, they fit under the fishplates and fill the gaps between rail sections.

Im nt sure what to suggest for the space you have. Was going to suggest a small town scene or something like that. I was going to make a small village on mine but once the track was down, I ran out of room :lol:

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”