It Now Begins Again

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Shaun Wilson

Re: It Now Begins

Postby Shaun Wilson » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:17 pm

thanks jon and sean,

yea i will remain freight only, though i have found myself looking at dmu's after my recent visit to prestonpans :)

yea, think it would be best to see how it looks with the outside loops down then decide whether to add the third, was also looking at taking a couple lines out the shunting yard.

my locos and shunters are newish or new and have realy only been run in. 8)

I havent spent much time reading the details of the various dcc units but will defo need to do some research. would prefer 1 that is easy to use but have lots of actions. :)

great advice guys.

thanks

shaun

seanhellen

Postby seanhellen » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Well Inhave the prodigy advance2 from gaugemaster and cant fault it. I think im right in saying that mine is the one with a bigger booster than most systems out there. Itll read/write all cv's and its easy to use to recall locos. Its a knob-controlled handset which i prefer to buttons...although you can control it via 2 buttons too. The knob can also be set to traditional ways...turn it 1 way or the other to swap direction (shunting mode) or all the way 1 way for full speed, all the way back to stop and a button to. Hange direction...best of all worlds :lol:

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Did it come as a complete kit or did you need to buy extra bits and bobs to get it going. :)
Sounds like a good device.

seanhellen

Postby seanhellen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Nope, it all came as a whole kit. Booster, base station and handheld cab. And the cable from station to handheld obviously :D

Here is the manual for it -->http://www.modelrectifier.com/resources/trainSound/1406_web.pdf

The system is originally made by MRC (hence the website) but it is sold in the uk by gaugemaster...the only difference between the 2 is literally just the colour

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:09 pm

seanhellen wrote:the only difference between the 2 is literally just the colour

and hopefully the UK plug! Those American things look positively lethal.
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

seanhellen

Postby seanhellen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Lol and a uk plug :lol:

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:40 pm

How do squire... Nice looking plan you have got there... Be good to see how the track eventually ends up.. :D
I agree that code 75 looks better but it is dependant on your stock. If you have a lot of older stuff kicking about the 100 is a safer option. But if its all new or you can be bothered to rewheel everyhting go for it..
Shall be keeping an eye on your progress and occasionally sticking my oar in... :lol:
If you want to curtain off under your base boards I've got a load of material that matches your room perfectly here... :mrgreen:
Jas... :D

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Thanks jas,

im aiming to get it as close to my plan as i can but i have a million different ideas in my head :?
all my stock is nearly new or close to it so i hope they run fine, if not then im laying the blame on you for jinxing me :lol:

If you want to curtain off under your base boards I've got a load of material that matches your room perfectly here

not more purple i hope, :lol: that room was originaly going to be my daughters room but after i spent ages decorating it she decided to move into the room at the other end of the house, typical. :lol:

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Yup, its hideous patterned purple. Got about 30 sq/m for around £3 in a remnant shop as I was going to curtain under mine and that was the cheapest stuff I found. But as it happens I made custom shelving around the loft instead and best of all its not all purple!!!
Take it you're not going to make me a substantial financial offer for it then?? :lol:
I'm used to taking the blame pal, nature of being in charge of my department at work lol...
Jas... :D

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm used to taking the blame pal, nature of being in charge of my department at work lol...

I know exactly what you mean :lol:

What kind of substantial offer where you thinking :) :)

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Erm substantial offer always falls into one category with me! Enough for a Guinness or two.. lol... Ahh the elixir of life for me!

Good thing about being in charge though is passing the blame isn't it? 'It may be my fault boy but your cleaning it up'... Hahaha

:D

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Good thing about being in charge though is passing the blame isn't it? 'It may be my fault boy but your cleaning it up'... Hahaha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ive got no idea what a pint of guiness costs anymore ( 3 kids means no pub :cry: ) so will make and offer of £5 :)

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:15 pm

£3.25 a pint in my local to be exact lol... Not that I go there and self indulge on any kind of regular basis that is. Would hate for you to get the wrong idea about me of course... :D

Shaun Wilson

Postby Shaun Wilson » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:20 pm

tractor37 wrote:£3.25 a pint in my local to be exact lol... Not that I go there and self indulge on any kind of regular basis that is. Would hate for you to get the wrong idea about me of course... :D

not at all jas, how could i get the wrong idea about you :roll: :lol: :lol:

That sounds like a deal to me buddy, pm me with paypal details.

seanhellen

Postby seanhellen » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:34 pm

:lol: thats on my jobs list too

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”