Goatbridge, N.Yorks.

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
MOHAAPlayer

Re: Goatbridge, N.Yorks- Layout making progress!

Postby MOHAAPlayer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:56 am

Really? Bugger!

Blue_2

Postby Blue_2 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Well due to a very busy weekend with the aircraft, I didn't get any engineering done at Goatbridge this weekend. However I did pop into town on Saturday to get some flexitrack so I can get on with the inner loop. While I was in town I was distracted by some reasonably priced previously enjoyed railway bits and pieces in Bulmers' window, and liberated some more freight stock. And I couldn't help but feel sorry for the Tri-ang Hornby 3F looking miserable in the back corner of the window with its tender elastic banded to its side either, so what else could I do!
After a quick lube up I tested it and it runs absolutely beautifully! Very happy with it. While I had the screwdrivers out I repaired the motor in my second 0-6-0, (re-numbered to 47608) recently acquired through this forum. So now everything's serviceable that should be :)
The Black 5 resto is now numbered up as 44810, and its tender tidied. Hopefully I'll find a power tender suitable for it soon.
Below, a gathering of BR black, with new arrival 43775 in the centre, repaired 47608 over near the turntable, and sister ship 47606 pulling an old Lima flatbed. Bert isn't present however, I forgot to include him this week. Apologies!.
Hopefully I'll get on with some tracklaying next weekend :roll:
Last edited by Blue_2 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weekend toy, Victor XL231's blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/ Admittedly not a train, but classic, British and LOUD!
My OO work in progress: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36766

HARRYMALLARD

Postby HARRYMALLARD » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Is that bert under the track on the right? :wink:
My layouts:

Clicky here --> Image
Gasworks Lane micro layout

Blue_2

Postby Blue_2 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Blue_2 wrote: Bert isn't present however, I forgot to include him this week. Apologies!.
Weekend toy, Victor XL231's blog- http://victorxl231.blogspot.com/ Admittedly not a train, but classic, British and LOUD!

HARRYMALLARD

Postby HARRYMALLARD » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:39 pm

lol oops :oops:
My layouts:

Clicky here --> Image
Gasworks Lane micro layout

Blue_2

Postby Blue_2 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Bit of a 2 part update this week, with much engineering and new additions acquired over the Easter weekend.
Thursday saw me scurrying home for a long weekend off, on my way I visited the reasonably-priced 'antiques' arcade in Beverley, and came away with an old Tri-ang Hornby Coronation class, King George VI. She was in a bit of a state, with part of the bodywork smashed away, the wheels missing from the front pony, and the valve gear well and truly goosed as well as some bent rods. Nonetheless I set to, after a bit of a clean up I found the motor actually runs really well. I also removed the rods and straightened them up, and attempted a repair of the bodywork with filler and plastic card. Seen below, the repaired bodywork after its first coat of paint.
I hoped to get the correct paint at York on Sunday, so wasn't too bothered about the crimson being a few shades out. I also hoped to acquire one of these...
...but failed, so if anyone has one spare...? (I'll also be posting an appeal in the wanted section)
You may recall I went on a mission to get some track? Well I got round to laying said track seeing as Mrs went to bingo, after a couple of hours work under Bert's watchful eye I now have 2 loops plus a long siding for the carriages. The points have also been rearranged, with curve points put in near the turntable to make it easier for the larger locos to get from the inner loop to the outer, and vice versa.
Ta-Dah!!!
Seeing as the camera was out I thought I'd get some shots of the battlefleet.
Last week's acquisition
With friends
Pendennis Castle on the turntable
Next railway-related shenanegans occurred on Sunday, when a trip to the York Model Rail show beckoned. Most enjoyable and some amazing craftsmanship on show, little in the way of bargains for Goatbridge though. I did manage to up the Tri-ang freight stock count though
And bought the right paint for KGVI. Seen here this very morning after applying with hairy stick. Just the gold to touch up now and the body's done :D
I also acquired a couple of Parkside Dundas chassis for some rolling stock projects. And bumped into a couple of the good members of this forum. It was a pleasure chaps, sorry I couldn't stay longer but a poorly (but now fixed) jet beckoned! Hopefully next time there'll be time for a beer :wink:

That's it for this weekend, hope large bellies from eating too many choc eggs aren't keeping you all from the layouts!

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:35 pm

How do squire.. Was a bit pitiful for sale stuff at York wasn't it? Good to meet you though.. Goatbridge is definitelty startingto look quite well populated with traction these days...
Jas... :D

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:38 pm

loving the new 0-6-0 triang tender loco in black :D

bert not in these pics? i had a thorough scan of each pic just to check, either he isn't or he is being very very elusive!

Alex

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"

Blue_2

Postby Blue_2 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:56 pm

tractor37 wrote:How do squire.. Was a bit pitiful for sale stuff at York wasn't it? Good to meet you though.. Goatbridge is definitelty startingto look quite well populated with traction these days...
Jas... :D

It was a bit feeble mate! Good to meet you too, I'll look out when the next toy fair's at York for you. :)

It is looking well populated, I'm starting to wonder if the Railfreight 37 was a foolish buy and should move on really...

Alex I couldn't resist the 0-6-0, and I'm glad because it's an absolutely lovely runner. I may or may not have been having a good shunting session this morning, with it being weapon of choice! :D

And Bert is there, I decided it was time to place him so he's a little less easy to spot ;)

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:07 pm

and he's not the small yellow dot in the cab of the jinty in the first pic?

"I love the way you call it Art, When you never even use your Heart, and I just wanna tear you Apart"

Blue_2

Postby Blue_2 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:42 pm

nope!

thebritfarmer

Postby thebritfarmer » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:14 pm

37 A FOOLISH BUY !!! Blasphemy LOL :P

Nice selection of locos and rolling stock thus far and nice job on the Coronation class.

Regards
Scott
All Aboooooard !!

Blue_2

Postby Blue_2 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:13 pm

OK I Consider myself duly chastised! The 37 is safe. For now...

tractor37

Postby tractor37 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Hear hear Mr britfarmer... How dare a 37 be criticised!!! :D

Alexander Court

Postby Alexander Court » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:53 am

tractor37 wrote:Hear hear Mr britfarmer... How dare a 37 be criticised!!! :D

i have 3 class 37s, I don't mind aquiring more, they are nice :P

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”