balsa road mk2 major rebuild almost completed

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
markh

Re: balsa road mk2 the final tweeks

Postby markh » Wed May 15, 2013 12:51 am

Well today i took the plunge and decided to finaly added some cables to the telegraph poles i also remeved the poles from silloth green and moved them to the hill i also removed most of the arms from the masts as they where surples to requriments. the firts job i did was glued one end of the string connectinf the signal box to the station and one from the s.b. to the goods shed to the s.b. i then glued one piece of string to the goods shed while these where drying i glued ywo bits of string to the station i then glued sone string to the masts on the hill. one these had dryed i glued tthe puece string from the signal box on to the roof of the goids shed and station ib place along with piece from the goods shed to station in place i also glued the two bits of string from the atation to the pokes and let dryed once dried i added the string to the tip of the masts and connected them to geatherf i think it tooj around 2 hours in all but it does loojk great one ive gone over it in a black felt tip pen

Pictures soon
mk
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Wed May 15, 2013 12:07 pm

By gads Mack last night must have been a good'un , your typing fingers are still p****d :wink: I would be as bad some days, but I can't stand the noise the computer makes until coffee time, and the fingers just can't deal with the tablet either :D
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

markh

Postby markh » Wed May 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Bufferstop i have recived a new phone and been using it but its rubbished as when im typing the qords disapper and i dont know what im typing and when i try to delete a word it deletes a compltly diffrent word so bear with me until i can get the hang of my phone or get a stylis
mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Postby markh » Tue May 21, 2013 8:59 pm

so an update now, i have inproved the road i paintd the road in a water downed black paint i applied it & hen wiped it off then added some road markings with a correction pen, i have also added car parking spaces to the station car park using the same method so now the people of balsa carnt park where they want :lol: :lol:. i have also built a new tram way by cutting out the parts from card & glued down so now it need painting & power cables added

ps; a note on the telephone masts i have replaced the white string for black it was anoying but it looks better

mk
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Tue May 21, 2013 10:56 pm

Hadn't thought of the correction pen for road markings. My bit of roadway is made from a sheet of "wet and dry" abrasive paper. The white lines are cut from self adhesive label rollered into place, I used an old Triang flangeless wheel as a roller and went over it until the grains were starting to show through the label.
Know what you mean about the new phone. The first thing I have to do is turn off the ruddy predictive text. The last thing I need is a smart ar*** bit of silicon trying to second guess what I'm trying to say, I'll swear my previous phone (a Nokia) was doing its predicting in Norwegian :!:
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

markh

Postby markh » Mon May 27, 2013 12:14 am

Well i have re grassed silloth green to make it more summery and also finshed the tramway so ill try and upload piccys later

mk
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Re: balsa road mk2 the wires are garn up

Postby markh » Wed May 29, 2013 12:41 am

Well the engineers have arrived and balsa rd is being electrived with gantrys and 3rd rails to the main lines ill post pics soon in the mean time its just over a year since the present balsa rd mk2 was started and in a year the has changed alot fron the orginal layout so heres a now and then and comparison pics to balsa rd mk1 to mk2

ps mk 3 is being thought of and its garn to be bigger and better

Mark
Attachments
SP_A1907.jpg
Balsa rd mk2 at the same stage as mk1
SP_A1907.jpg (176.7 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
SP_A0649.jpg
Balsa mk1 befor it meet its maker
SP_A0649.jpg (167.01 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
SP_A2665.jpg
Its show debut in november
SP_A2665.jpg (156.72 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
SP_A1113.jpg
The start just over 1 year ago
SP_A1113.jpg (143.1 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Re: balsa road mk2 the wires are garn up

Postby markh » Thu May 30, 2013 9:40 pm

News update on b r. I had a big spend yesterday at york and bought two packs of dapol cantry masts . people. backscene and track colouring pen . i have added the backscene and coloured the track rails. and now need to add the masts and need help on them in that what distance do i put them at ie from mast to mast on straight and xurve i know that on curves there closer togeather

mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Re: balsa road mk2 the masts are up

Postby markh » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Well the masts are up 19 in all and im debating if to add wires to them but ill post pics up when i can

mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Postby markh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 am

Well.time for a update ma tinks and i tink ill let the pics do the talking

mark
Attachments
SP_A2768.jpg
Over all shot
SP_A2768.jpg (168.24 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
SP_A2770.jpg
Masts at the station and balsa farm ruins
SP_A2770.jpg (163.2 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
SP_A2771.jpg
Cinder path masts and 3rd rail
SP_A2771.jpg (196.43 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
SP_A2769.jpg
The masts are up
SP_A2769.jpg (195.61 KiB) Viewed 2590 times
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

Jim S-W

Postby Jim S-W » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:34 pm

madmack wrote:Well the masts are up 19 in all and im debating if to add wires to them but ill post pics up when i can

mark

I wouldn't, scale wires all but dissapear on 4mm scale so they would be very difficult to see in n gauge

See http://www.p4newstreet.com/wp-content/u ... /OLE-3.jpg

Hth

Jim

markh

Postby markh » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:11 pm

Jim S-W wrote:
madmack wrote:Well the masts are up 19 in all and im debating if to add wires to them but ill post pics up when i can

mark

I wouldn't, scale wires all but dissapear on 4mm scale so they would be very difficult to see in n gauge

See http://www.p4newstreet.com/wp-content/u ... /OLE-3.jpg

Hth

Jim

i dont think ill bother adding wires jim as i have trouble. with the telegraph cables so they might just geg broke

mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Postby markh » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:07 pm

Well a news update in B.R. i have deciedd to add a cork underlay which i should have done when i built it or when i relayed the track when it packed in but since have the ballast had lifted been removed and some track had raised up but it did get annoying as the baseboard is like one big amplefiere so im goung to try selfadisve cork sheeting from works

mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Re: balsa road mk2. major rebuild

Postby markh » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:51 pm

After a few months of debate on rebuilding the layout i have decided to rebuild the layout. i have torn up all the track. the station. small hill and tram way. the plan is the build a 4 track mpd/ goods yard and add a inspectiob pit so hopefully gat pics up soon

nark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

markh

Re: balsa road mk2. major rebuild

Postby markh » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:25 am

Well i ahve started to glur the track down on balsa rd starting at the front moving it ib by 1cm. i have got all the underlay down and git the yard sorted 4 road yard 2/4 ratio 2 for locos 2 for frwight but can be used for extra purposes.

mark
Attachments
SP_A2772.jpg
The yard plan
SP_A2772.jpg (252.72 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
THIS IS A BAD IDEA,

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”