The Welton Layout - now with the new owner

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Ashish

Re: Welton: NOW COMPLETED, with new photos!

Postby Ashish » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi,

may I ask the height of your platforms for HO scale,

thanks

Ashish

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Guess what I've gone and done? Have a look at the following photos, and see if you can work it out....

Have you guessed? Yes, I got another Class 25, a fourth one! It arrived yesterday, off ebay and it was a bargain. It runs very well. It too has the same locomotive number, 5211, as the other two Class 25, but they'll be re-numbered anyway.

In the photos above, the newest one is on the far left. I'm now pleased with having four Class 25 and they'll have a future on my new layout. Not getting any more Class 25!

And now, showing the four Class 25s in the engine yard:

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 pm

With all photos showing the Welton Central station, I thought I'l show you how the station with the new vegetations looks with the passenger trains sitting at the platforms:

jamest

Postby jamest » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am

Hi,

That 25 wasn't a DCC fitted one for about 42 quid plus postage was it?

I was watching one like that.

Regards,
James

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:23 am

jamest wrote:Hi,

That 25 wasn't a DCC fitted one for about 42 quid plus postage was it?

I was watching one like that.

Regards,
James

I think it was, it did go for about that price yes, so probably the one you was watching too!

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:05 am

I've been thinking about this forum now that my layout is completed and I'm about to put it up for sale.

I don't excatly see many comments coming in, and I am wondering if you wanted me to keep photos coming in, ie of trains at various points on the layout, etc, until the layout has gone.

If there is no demands for more photos or no further comments etc, I'm gonna pull back a bit and let the forum wind down a bit and Ill come back when I'm announcing my layout is officially up for sale, or any news about it. Oh, and of course, when I'm starting a new layout, with a new forum, I will announce it here so that you are aware of my new forum.

I know many of you love reading my forum, and have seen all the work done from day 1 but it has to be worth my time posting more photos if there are demands for it.

I'll see how it goes over the next few days or so.

Thanks for your interests in my layout though!

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:27 am

Don't think that because not many comments are coming in it's not being appreciated.
If you're very confident in what you're doing and the results back that up I think many
forum members will just watch what's going on.
I find it impossible to keep saying something stupid like 'nice' 'well done' and such. A shame you
intend moving on as this is for New Railway Modellers and the more experienced modellers layouts
are the ones that beginners of all ages learn from.

You've done a grand job in a commendably short time. And why not update with a few more pictures
while you still have the layout ...... we all enjoy a good picture, now that magazine I had, page 14 .....

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

hiffano

Postby hiffano » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:54 am

i've only just found this layout thread, and I'm loving the pictures, despite the crazy overload of 25's ;-)

also, finished? FINISHED, no layout is ever finished!!!
Whoo, new job... big pay cut... but new job! yay

buz

Postby buz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Cheeky Paul
You can only say wow so many times :D
As for finished not by a long chalk there is still much that can be done.
Some a case of five minutes then 24 hours for the paint to dry before fitting others longer.
As for comments you can bet your last pound there are quite a few watchers not saying much,
but getting enjoyment out of the layout.
Don't forget to have fun with it before its time for it to go especially after all that effort
you put in.
regards John
A model railway can be completed but it's never finished

thebritfarmer

Postby thebritfarmer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:23 pm

I agree with the other comments already posted. I have enjoyed watching this from the beginning and will continue to watch as long as you post. Also looking forward to the new layout beginning.
All Aboooooard !!

Lofty

Postby Lofty » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:50 pm

CheekyPaul wrote:I don't excatly see many comments coming in, and I am wondering if you wanted me to keep photos coming in, ie of trains at various points on the layout, etc, until the layout has gone.

I think Geoff (Dad-1) has summed it up well.

Completed :!: Even when I have thought things had been completed I always see something that could be modified or improved. Of course as you are selling it you have to draw the line somewhere.

Good luck with the sale.

Eastern
Location: Portland, Oregon. USA - originally from East Anglia

Postby Eastern » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Definitely a 'ditto' to the above comments - one way to see how much traffic your post is getting is to look at the 'views' currently 11973 as I write - even though comments are not posted, your layout is being appreciated! I'd love to see some more details - :wink:

BTW just out of interest - How will you be selling Welton (ebay?) and what do hope to realize?
“Sir, Sunday morning, although recurring at regular and well foreseen intervals, always seems to take this railway by surprise.”

East Cheltwell

Charles[/color]

Dad-1

Postby Dad-1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Completed ... ?
Yes, I should have commented those platforms have no seats, no lamp posts, platform number signs,
all the little things that bring a station to life.
O.K if selling I suppose that can be left for a future owner, but I think I can see several months work,
certainly at the speed I work !!

Geoff T.
Remember ... I know nothing about railways.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32187 and Another on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28436&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for your comments, its very much appreciated.

Its not that I think my layout isnt appreciated, but because of the lack of comments I didnt know if you were all enjoying the photos etc and I just didnt want to keep on bombing you with all photos etc especially now the layout is coming to an end. I wanted to make sure everyone will still enjoy new comments etc and not getting bored, if you know what I mean?

I will continue to post photos, in fact I took some new photos few days ago, and will post them as soon as I can.

Earlier on this evening I realised I havent checked whether all boards could be detached from each other because I haven't taken the layout apart for a while, certainly not since I started the scenic and I need to make sure there isnt any problems with taking them all apart before I sell it, so I made a start on it. With so much stuff in the room, I have had to clear them out before I could even take out the boards, and have managed to take out the fiddle yard, and the two boards with Welton West Station and the stream/road bridge. No problem with taking them apart, whew.

Now I got to do the other side of the layout, where Welton Central station & engine yard are, but the boards are a bit bigger and wider, so I'm going have to do it tomorrow, and see if I can take them all apart. I may even have to ask someone to help cos I'm expecting the boards to be a bit heavier.

I've been making notes about the layout, to get it prepared for sale, and taking photos of each boards, so that the buyer is aware of what makes up as a whole layout. Of course, photos sells more than words, so to get more money out of it, it helps if I produce photos that has all information the buyer need to know.

Its still not easy to decide on a price. How can you ever decide on a price for a layout. All layouts are different, it boils down to the size, what has been done, what need to be done, and so on.

With my layout, as you all know, all tracks have been laid and wired, including having 21 points working with motors & levers. They have been painted and ballasted too. All groundwork for the whole layout have been done, ie landscape, scenic, bridge. There are two stations with some platforms. There is an engine yard with a long shed, and a coaling stage. Then we have a Goods yard, as well as a coal deposit yard.

Then we have to look into the quality of work done on the layout, and so on.

The overall measurement of the layout, including the fiddle yard, (as in the space you will need to fit in this layout) are:

Width: 220 cm (86 1/2 inches)

Length: 490 cm (192 inches).

You can see its pretty a big layout. All buildings you saw on the layout, such as signal box, station buildings, engine sheds, etc are included in the sale, but not the controller or rolling stocks.

I had to take into account of all those points I mentioned and I think ideally I would sell it for £2000, but I feel that may put people off, I don't know, or if its too much or less, but I would go for £1500 perhaps. I would love to hear your views on the price and what you think the layout is worth, as in what you would offer if you was buying it? I'm open to any suggestions on how I should price my layout. Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

CheekyPaul

Postby CheekyPaul » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Dad-1 wrote:Completed ... ?
Yes, I should have commented those platforms have no seats, no lamp posts, platform number signs,
all the little things that bring a station to life.
O.K if selling I suppose that can be left for a future owner, but I think I can see several months work,
certainly at the speed I work !!

Geoff T.

Yes, there are no seats, lamp posts, trees, and so on, but because I'm selling the layout I cant see any point in buying them when the layout will be going to a new home and i rather the new buyer have the pleasure of filling in the small details. I've done the main groundwork and thats good enough for me.

Time isnt something I have - its likely we will be moving at around the beginning of August, ie possibly 2nd week, and right now I have to concentrate on selling the layout as soon as I can because there isnt any room for it at the new house and I don't want to leave everything to the last minute or bring it with me to the new house, I rather sell it now to give me more time with packing the house etc.

Return to “Personal Layouts - Under Construction”